Click here for Done Deal Pro home page
Done Deal Pro Home Page

Go Back   Done Deal Pro Forums > Movies & Television > Films
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-18-2019, 01:54 PM   #1
EdFury

Default Extracurricular Activities

Hi. This is a shameless plug for my film Extracurricular Activities playing at the Santa Monica Laemmle this weekend and through the week. Deep dark comedy thriller with Tim Simons, Colin Ford, and Ellie Bamber with Bobby Lee, Danielle Macdonald, and Patrick Fabian. Great reviews so far... Love to hear what you all think.
EdFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 04:46 PM   #2
Bono

Default Re: Extracurricular Activities

Awesome! Just watched trailer and it was fun. I'm an east coaster, but still excited by anyone on this board who actually made a film!

I assume writer?

Last edited by Bono : 05-18-2019 at 05:26 PM.
Bono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 10:06 PM   #3
EdFury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bono View Post
Awesome! Just watched trailer and it was fun. I'm an east coaster, but still excited by anyone on this board who actually made a film!

I assume writer?
You assume correctly. It was a solo spec... I have solo credit. Only writer on the film. It was a dream come true. Thanks... It's a pretty dark funny thriller.
Old 05-19-2019, 09:33 AM   #4
Bono

Love to hear how it came to be since this is the dream -- getting something made. I tried this a few times, trying to get our specs made at smaller production companies but to no avail.
Bono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 09:07 AM   #5
EdFury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bono View Post
Love to hear how it came to be since this is the dream -- getting something made. I tried this a few times, trying to get our specs made at smaller production companies but to no avail.
I wrote it originally as a writing sample, pretty sure because of the subject matter and my treatment of it there wasn't much of a chance it would get made. But I wanted to write something so out of the box and original the producers would notice the writing. And it worked, for 18 years it has served as a door opener in Hollywood. Getting me into enough rooms to make a good living writing the last 9 years.

It was optioned 8 times by 8 different producers, production companies, and directors, once even set up at a Studio... all ended up scared off in the end, except the last... and he was determined to get it made. He did. It was a labor of love, not without the usual giant peaks and valleys, but it released last week and last night I sat in a full house to watch it on the big screen once more before I leave LA for home (San Francisco). The reviews have overwhelmingly been great... and more doors are opening...

And although it's my 14th credited film, it's by far the most important to me. And I think it proves what I always heard about scripts... If you write one great script, not easy to do, it can make your career.
Old 05-20-2019, 01:19 PM   #6
finalact4

so happy to see this dream come true. well done, EdFury.

www.LisaMolusis.com
finalact4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 02:27 PM   #7
RALPHWALDOFAN
New User

I never realized this was you, Bob. I don't know you in person, but I follow you on Twitter. You've been a great inspiration, and I appreciate all of the honest advice and guidance you've provided over the years (free of charge, no less). Although you don't need to hear it from me, you absolutely deserve every bit of success that this film is achieving, as well as any future success coming your way.
RALPHWALDOFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 08:46 PM   #8
EdFury

Quote:
Originally Posted by RALPHWALDOFAN View Post
I never realized this was you, Bob. I don't know you in person, but I follow you on Twitter. You've been a great inspiration, and I appreciate all of the honest advice and guidance you've provided over the years (free of charge, no less). Although you don't need to hear it from me, you absolutely deserve every bit of success that this film is achieving, as well as any future success coming your way.
Thank you. That's so kind of you. I appreciate it.
Old 05-21-2019, 04:36 AM   #9
muckraker

Good on you brother. Wishing you much success with it!
muckraker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 12:13 PM   #10
EdFury

Quote:
Originally Posted by muckraker View Post
Good on you brother. Wishing you much success with it!
Thanks. It's actually getting some great reviews and doing pretty good business in LA. I'm grateful.