No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pilot Template to Share

hello DDP peeps:

i've been taking the Masterclasses that are available online and after watching Shonda Rhimes i created an excel template tool to use in creating, outlining and breaking out your story beats by act.

i've also included some things i've learned from other books.

this is also a great tool (at least for me) to use to study pilot scripts or show that you'd like to better understand their structure.

if you're interested feel free to email me at [email protected]. or PM me with your email and whether you want it in excel or as a pdf.

it provides for the following:
    title:
    logline:
    act page counts:
    A story:
    B story:
    C story:
    season goal
    series goal
    what is the franchise:
    what is the central conflict (outer)
    what is the secondary conflict (inner):
    premise pilot or regular pilot:

and a plotting grid to outline your beats all on one page. it may not work for everyone, but since i created it, i thought i'd share.

FA4
    "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy b/c you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." -- Edward Snowden

Re: Pilot Template to Share

okay i've sent this to a few people. but it want to remind everyone that it's also a good tool to break down similar pilots and series. you can get a good idea how some acts can vary by act.

anyway, goodluck everyone and hope the other files are helpful, too.
    FA4
    "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy b/c you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." -- Edward Snowden

Comment

Cool, thanks. Working on a new pilot right now!

Comment

glad it can be of use.

Comment

Working...
        X