Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Link to Online Slide Show

I have a contained horror script set in an abandoned gold mine close to being ready to start putting out, and I'm thinking of putting together a slide show of images from real-life old mines online & including a link at the bottom of the title page. So, no images in the script itself, just the link. What do you think? Thanks.
    Patrick Sweeney

Re: Link to Online Slide Show

No, No, No!!!!

Did I say no?

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Sweeney View Post
      I have a contained horror script set in an abandoned gold mine close to being ready to start putting out, and I'm thinking of putting together a slide show of images from real-life old mines online & including a link at the bottom of the title page. So, no images in the script itself, just the link. What do you think? Thanks.
      Link might expire.

Comment

I wouldn't.

Comment

I join the naysayer consensus. I had an action script a few years ago that opened in Machu Picchu. I had pictures to show when I pitched it, but that's in a face-to-face moment and I could slide it on the table or keep it in my folder as the mood of the moment dictated. I was deeply moved by the beauty of the location, and wanted the pictures on hand to evoke that same beauty at the right moment. If you can't control that moment (if it's not F2F), then you're taking your potential reader (if they even click through to the link), to a place that is NOT your script, and possibly communicating a lack of confidence in your writing. There's only one link you want them to click on...the one that opens with "Fade In:" Besides, even if the link lead to the coolest, sexiest, scariest gold mine in the West, it doesn't lead to your gold mine...to the gold mine in the world of your story.

Comment

Working...
          X