Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Black List: Cassian Elwes Independent Screenwriting Fellowship

What I needed to know is this: I understand that I have to re-host for a month to opt-in, but if I re-host, will the 8-rating I received in July still be linked to the newly re-hosted script; can a past 8-rating/review on an indexed script still be viewed once it is re-hosted?

And far more important, when is TV pilot hosting going to start? Franklin, I know you said (on twitter, I think) that it would definitely be this year - a year that is almost over. So, I'm hoping: soon?

Cardinals shoulda won, just sayin.'
    "Do just once what others say you can't do, and you will never pay attention to their limitations again." -[/SIZE] James R. Cook

Comment

Oh, yeah, one more thing.

Franklin, when will the Warner Bros. diversity program be announcing the list of hopefuls? I seem to remember early November as announcement time.
      "Do just once what others say you can't do, and you will never pay attention to their limitations again." -[/SIZE] James R. Cook

Comment

JoJo: I read they will announce WB list on Nov. 3 (today), but since it's Sunday I don't think that's going to happen. Good luck!

Comment

If there are specific accusations of racism and bigotry, I, for one, would love to hear them. They'd be particularly of interest of me as an African-American who grew up in west central Georgia and named the enterprise, in part, as a specific inversion of racial symbolism.

Besides that, three of our six Lab participants were women of color, and we've already partnered with a major studio specifically to highlight writers from historically underrepresented communities and get them access to a two step Guild minimum blind deal.

Other questions:

1. If you rehost a script, any previous ratings will continue to be associated with it.

2. Episodic content will be accepted by the end of the month.

3. First Warner Brothers short list should be decided within the next week.

Comment

Franklin, I'm pretty sure I know what you mean when you say episodic content. But, just to be sure, you will be accepting TV pilot scripts that are serialized in nature, right? I know it's a stupid question just wanted to make sure. As sometimes episodic is used in a different context when describing TV shows.

And it's laughable anybody who would say Franklin or the black list is racist. I'm a black male, and know people who know Franklin, they only speak highly of his character. So please get that foolishness out of here.

Comment

By episodic, I mean serialized content. We're using the term episodic instead of television because we'll be accommodating webseries as well.

We will only be accepting original pilots (and optionally, the bibles that go with them). No spec episodes of existing programming welcome.

Comment

The series bibles as well??!!!! Hallelujah, and thank you, Franklin. That has always been an issue for me regarding contests that allow TV pilot submissions but no bible to show the arc of the series.

Late Night Writer

Comment

Franklin, thanks so much for the prompt response and clarification.

I know I'm not the only one doing the happy dance in anticipation of TV pilot hosting.

Comment

Originally posted by Danibobani View Post
                    JoJo: I read they will announce WB list on Nov. 3 (today), but since it's Sunday I don't think that's going to happen. Good luck!
                    Thanks! You too! Hopefully some diverse DDers will be getting good news by the end of the week!

Comment

I just joined The Black List tonight and I want to opt into consideration for this. Regarding the language, "Entrant must host a script on www.blcklst.com for at least one week during the submission period," does this mean:
                      1) I select the Opt In check box with the understanding that in one week's time I will be eligible, or
                      2) I wait the one week before I Opt In, or
                      3) I wait a few weeks until I have some evaluations (so long as I beat the Dec 1st deadline)?

Apologies if covered elsewhere.

Thanks!
                      Twitter: @AdamSleper

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepydude View Post
                        I just joined The Black List tonight and I want to opt into consideration for this. Regarding the language, "Entrant must host a script on www.blcklst.com for at least one week during the submission period," does this mean:
                        1) I select the Opt In check box with the understanding that in one week's time I will be eligible, or
                        2) I wait the one week before I Opt In, or
                        3) I wait a few weeks until I have some evaluations (so long as I beat the Dec 1st deadline)?

Apologies if covered elsewhere.

Thanks!
                        It means #1.

Opt in as soon as you know you want to be considered, and unless you remove your script less than 6 days after uploading or don't meet the other requirements, you'll be considered.

Comment

Working...
                        X