Click here for Done Deal Pro home page

Done Deal Pro Home Page

Go Back   Done Deal Pro Forums > Business > Producers, Production Companies, Studios & Networks
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2016, 04:30 PM   #31
Turbopolis
User

Default Re: Amazon Studios 45 days - Still evaluating?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpimentel View Post

And, thank you.
Mr. Pimentel, I'd like to take a look at your blklist script..May I?
Turbopolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 05:01 PM   #32
Mpimentel
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbopolis View Post
Mr. Pimentel, I'd like to take a look at your blklist script..May I?
Of course! If you are a member it's there to read in the open, if not shoot me a PM with an Email and I can send it to you.

It's a pilot episode for a 30 min comedy show.

If you'd like to read something by me that makes a statement and deals with today's times, check out "Shift of powers" (Drama spec I wrote, also on the blklst) and I can send that to you as well.

Both very different. I'd love to hear your thoughts.
Episode 2 (African commercial)
Episode 3 (Brenda's rescue)
Mpimentel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 05:29 PM   #33
Turbopolis
User

Quote:
If you are a member.
M, I'm a member but don't have an uploaded script yet. It's seems that I'm unable to read scripts but I have a few questions before I submit my own script to blklst( I'd like to see their evaluation)

I'M CAN ASSUME THAT THEY PROMOTE ONLY THE REP'S CLIENTS 99% (by reference) AS SOMEONE HERE SAID..but I'd like to have my own experience.

M, How did you get your rating? Does the rating come from BLCLIST INSIDER or from writers like us? How much money you can spend before you realize that blklst won't help your career?

Good luck to you and everyone here on forum!

T.
Turbopolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 05:44 PM   #34
Mpimentel
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbopolis View Post
M, I'm a member but don't have an uploaded script yet. It's seems that I'm unable to read scripts but I have a few questions before I submit my own script to blklst( I'd like to see their evaluation)

I'M CAN ASSUME THAT THEY PROMOTE ONLY THE REP'S CLIENTS 99% (by reference) AS SOMEONE HERE SAID..but I'd like to have my own experience.

M, How did you get your rating? Does the rating come from BLCLIST INSIDER or from writers like us? How much money you can spend before you realize that blklst won't help your career?

Good luck to you and everyone here on forum!

T.
While member like myself can view your script, the paid ratings come from industry professionals hired by blklst.

An industry person can read it and rate it free as well, if they happen to be searching for something in your genre and your log line peek their interest, but that is not very common.

As far as how much money to spend on reviews before throwing in the towel, you can spend whatever you'd like... Has to do with how determined you are to make it and how you use the feedback you are getting.

If you put the feedback to good use and keep coming out with better version of your story, or come out a better writer than when you went in, then it's worth it.

However, you should start by asking friends that really enjoy movies first to check out your script, join writing groups, post some pages here even and you can get some good feedback free as well.

Best of luck as well.
Old 02-21-2016, 07:42 PM   #35
Incognito
Regular

'but I have the power to CREATE... That's what makes me different than those animals'

No, animals also have the power to create.

What makes you different from animals is your higher consciousness, the ability to perceive and contemplate things beyond your base instinct.

So if you are really looking to make maximum use of your human form of life, again I don't think trying to make movies for Hollywood is the best way to do that.

On the other hand if you just want to make movies for Hollywood, no problem, as other has said you are free to do whatever you want.

It's just the noble reason of man's birthright you seem to be attaching to that desire that rings a little false.
Incognito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 08:15 PM   #36
EdFury

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpywriter View Post
VERY good advice.

Kids/family will always make you happier than anything in the screenwriting can
Exactly.
EdFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 08:17 PM   #37
EdFury

Quote:
Originally Posted by madworld View Post
I feel exactly the same way. Just very grateful. If the career can happen - great - but I've already got it all.
It's amazing how a good family can put everything else in perspective.
EdFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 08:28 PM   #38
Mpimentel
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incognito View Post
'but I have the power to CREATE... That's what makes me different than those animals'

No, animals also have the power to create.

What makes you different from animals is your higher consciousness, the ability to perceive and contemplate things beyond your base instinct.

So if you are really looking to make maximum use of your human form of life, again I don't think trying to make movies for Hollywood is the best way to do that.

On the other hand if you just want to make movies for Hollywood, no problem, as other has said you are free to do whatever you want.

It's just the noble reason of man's birthright you seem to be attaching to that desire that rings a little false.
Again, I could be wrong all day, and it's not about nobility, it's about this feeling I got.

As far as Hollywood, it's just a vehicle to get my thoughts seen/heard... I know the feeling I had going to the movies and watching something, with my family... And I remember watching TV with my family... Now, to create those memories for other families, I must forego my own.

I'm the guy that makes that music that makes your drive to work more enjoyable, I'm the guy that gives you a break from your life on the weekends at the movies, I'm the guy that helps you unwind after a long day at work... I'm the dude that does that job, at the peril of his own life.

That is who I am.

IF that means me not having that family, or being a half assed friend/father/son/whatever... Then that's ok... Not everyone is willing to give it all up, and some people find balance, I'm not either... I have to give it all, and hope that's enough to make what I want happen.

Again, I'm probably crazy... But I have a job to do, I'm here to prove who I am, and who I am is that guy... I have to do my job.
Old 02-21-2016, 08:45 PM   #39
Mpimentel
Regular

Hey people, I'm sorry, I want to make sure I'm not coming off as someone that thinks they have better work ethics or anything at all like that. I am fully aware I am probably crazy... Most of my friends think I'm crazy, but in a good way... If I tell my friends lets film, they all jump... They are all in it, everyone I know will do whatever to be in one of my videos... They recognize that about me... But as a friend, as someone you can call and just talk... I'm zero good... No interest in that... With family or anyone else. And that's ok for me now.

I may regret it later, for a few moments, my redeeming moment perhaps, but it would not change anything.

Anyway, best of luck to everyone, whatever route you choose. I may be wrong, and I am no better than anyone, that is all ok.
Old 02-21-2016, 09:40 PM   #40
madworld

Quote:
IF that means me not having that family, or being a half assed friend/father/son/whatever... Then that's ok...
This is where I think you might be going off the rails a bit. Again - no judgement- but half-assed father? Opt out of having kids, sure, I totally get that. Kids take a ton of focus and that's not for everyone. But if you have a kid, when you bring someone into the world, you're responsible for them. JMHO.
madworld is offline   Reply With Quote