Click here for Done Deal Pro home page

Done Deal Pro Home Page

Go Back   Done Deal Pro Forums > Business > Producers, Production Companies, Studios & Networks
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-27-2013, 04:48 PM   #1
phastman
New User

Default Omega Pictures/Pete Williams?

Hi, newbie here. I received the following e-mail after I uploaded a script to blcklst.com. When I look up Omega Pictures on IMDB and elsewhere, it looks like mostly low-budget stuff and it doesn't look like they've made a movie since 2002. So I'm inclined to disbelieve the statements about working on tentpole concepts for major studios. Has anyone had experience with Omega Pictures or Pete Williams before?

"Gentlemen, Ladies
This email is sent to twelve writers, selected by the quality of their writing from scripts uploaded on BlackList.
Our company has ties with one of the major studios and its top executives and is working on developing two tentpole concepts for which the studio is already interested.
We are wondering if you would be willing to try your skills in creating a pitch so good, that the studio would be tempted to assign you the screenplay. The only material we will provide will be a logline of the concept and you can then work with us step by step.
Before responding, you should be aware that this is a spec job up to the moment that the pitch is accepted, in which case you will then negotiate with the studio but still work with us, as producers, for the completion of the script.
Please respond the soonest.
Best
Pete Williams
Vice President

Omega Entertainment, Inc
1900 Avenue of the Stars
Suite 960
Los Angeles, CA 90067"
phastman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 05:56 PM   #2
LIMAMA

Default Re: Omega Pictures/Pete Williams?

Quote:
Originally Posted by phastman View Post
Hi, newbie here. I received the following e-mail after I uploaded a script to blcklst.com. When I look up Omega Pictures on IMDB and elsewhere, it looks like mostly low-budget stuff and it doesn't look like they've made a movie since 2002. So I'm inclined to disbelieve the statements about working on tentpole concepts for major studios. Has anyone had experience with Omega Pictures or Pete Williams before?

"Gentlemen, Ladies
This email is sent to twelve writers, selected by the quality of their writing from scripts uploaded on BlackList.
Our company has ties with one of the major studios and its top executives and is working on developing two tentpole concepts for which the studio is already interested.
We are wondering if you would be willing to try your skills in creating a pitch so good, that the studio would be tempted to assign you the screenplay. The only material we will provide will be a logline of the concept and you can then work with us step by step.
Before responding, you should be aware that this is a spec job up to the moment that the pitch is accepted, in which case you will then negotiate with the studio but still work with us, as producers, for the completion of the script.
Please respond the soonest.
Best
Pete Williams
Vice President

Omega Entertainment, Inc
1900 Avenue of the Stars
Suite 960
Los Angeles, CA 90067"
I would pose this question to Franklin Leonard and send him a copy of this company's e-mail
Old 11-27-2013, 06:38 PM   #3
CthulhuRises

I think their website is pretty telling...

http://www.omegapic.com/
CthulhuRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 07:57 PM   #4
phastman
New User

Thanks for the advice!
phastman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 08:40 PM   #5
BurOak

Quote:
Originally Posted by CthulhuRises View Post
I think their website is pretty telling...

http://www.omegapic.com/
BurOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 10:10 PM   #6
wrytnow
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by phastman View Post
"Gentlemen, Ladies
Srsly? And they couldn't manage to send 12 emails with 12 actual names?

Quote:
I LOL at the first sentence and delete at "for which."

Quote:
Before responding, you should be aware that this is a spec job...
No free writing. (Unless it's for yourself.)

The rule is the first fifteen pages should enthrall me, but truth is, I'm only giving you about 3-5 pages. ~ Hollywood Script Reader
wrytnow is offline   Reply With Quote