Click here for Done Deal Pro home page

Done Deal Pro Home Page

Go Back   Done Deal Pro Forums > Business > Agents, Lawyers & Managers
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-24-2019, 09:43 AM   #11
JS90
User

Default Re: Do people query on weekends?

For agents, 10:30 am has always been a weird sweet spot for me.

For managers, between 10 and 10:30 or between 3pm and 3:30 pm has great Ben me the best results.

But really I think itís all luck. You need to catch the right person at just the right time and thereís really no way of knowing.
JS90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 09:44 AM   #12
GucciGhostXXX

I guess the real question is: HOW THE FUKK DO YOU GET READ BY PEOPLE WHO ***DO NOT*** WANT TO READ ***ANYTHING***!

LOL
GucciGhostXXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 09:46 AM   #13
GucciGhostXXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS90 View Post
For agents, 10:30 am has always been a weird sweet spot for me.

For managers, between 10 and 10:30 or between 3pm and 3:30 pm has great Ben me the best results.

But really I think itís all luck. You need to catch the right person at just the right time and thereís really no way of knowing.
Right. Which prob means: Meh... doesn't fukkin matter, send it whenever then cross your fingers and move on.
Old 08-24-2019, 03:20 PM   #14
finalact4

just remember lunches in cali start early and run late.

ever notice how some women wear shoes that are too big and some are too small? it’s a real thing... just waiting to board a flight in philly. observing the mob.

Last edited by finalact4 : 08-24-2019 at 03:38 PM.
finalact4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 04:08 PM   #15
Done Deal Pro
Administrator

I will throw this out real quick in case it might help someone somewhere....

When sending out newsletters, for example, in general the best days of the week are considered to be Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Mondays people are coming off a weekend. They are stumbling back into work and trying to deal with starting the new week out. They're finishing up things they didn't complete on Friday or the weekend in some cases. Lining up what's ahead that week. Then towards the end of the week things might have piled up some. Problems might have flared up from the work week they need to focus on and address. And on Friday they are trying to wrap up any issues and simply make it to the weekend to hopefully escape all.

On Tuesdays and Weds. they are settled in some. They generally have a good idea of what's going on that week. They have put out Monday's fires. Recovered from the weekend and are back in the swing of things.

I don't query (like many of you do), but I think you might find this "rule of thumb" could help. It will not always be true, of course. There are various exceptions without question. I've received queries over the weekends and at various times during the week. But quite honestly, mid-week is best for me personally when things have settled in general. Weekend queries I'll generally reply to on Mondays. And none of this is for high-level, big stuff. Not at all. Just queries for indie projects I'm trying to work on and help people with. But still not a terrible guideline to follow.

Try what you want, of course. As folks note, you never know. But you might want to shoot for what are generally considered better odds.

Last edited by Done Deal Pro : 08-24-2019 at 04:56 PM.
Done Deal Pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 04:22 PM   #16
Hernan Giaggio
User

This is good to know. Thanks.
Hernan Giaggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 04:36 PM   #17
lostfootage
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hernan Giaggio View Post
This is good to know. Thanks.
There's was one manager I recall who said on Twitter that anyone who queries him on the weekend is an automatic pass. I think it was Michael Botti.
lostfootage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 08:06 PM   #18
catcon

Ah, Botti. A name from my past here on DDPro. I've a big "look at me now" coming for him someday, based on a comment he posted on one of my posts several years ago. I haven't been able to say it yet, but it's coming...

Anyway, as for the OP's question, I've never intentionally queried on weekends.

But I have written up drafts to send on the Monday, and have INADVERTENTLY hit <send> instead, on two or three of them. CRINGE!

And this isn't to suggest it's a good tactic to send on weekends, but on two of those I got almost immediate responses, and engaged in respectful back and forth emails over the next half hour!

So it was unintentional, but it was really great having a 'conversation' with these two gentlemen, who both have tons of credits. I must have just hit them at a moment when they felt magnanimous with their time, or they saw that I wasn't too much of a flake as a result of the content of my email/query, so they offered some business advice in spite of the 'it is not for me' reply on the specific pitch. It was nice, and I've never bugged them again (except on weekdays).

Now, another issue for the 'email drafters', or those who think there's no limit to when you can send stuff, is 'how late or early'. You have to watch time zones. I'm in the East, so when I query, I start at 9 a.m. or earlier for the U.K. (5 hours ahead of me) and stop at my noon hour. For HW-bound queries, I start at around 11:30 (8:30 a.m. their time) and go no later than my 8 p.m. (5:00 their time). NY-bound emails are no problem; same EST zone as I am. Australia's the tricky one, because it's a full 12 hours difference for me. What this means is that when I have a new script and have lots of queries to do, I might be pitching 12 hours!

In summary, it's one thing to assume they'll just put any email received aside, and answer it on another day. But because many forward their company emails to the home emails, or otherwise keep themselves 24-7 on tap for business prospects, you really don't want to hit them on weekends or late/early when they're on 'home' time. Show some mercy.
catcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 08:26 PM   #19
Bono

Quote:
Originally Posted by catcon View Post
Ah, Botti. A name from my past here on DDPro. I've a big "look at me now" coming for him someday, based on a comment he posted on one of my posts several years ago. I haven't been able to say it yet, but it's coming...
Don't make me search the boards for this answer!
Bono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 09:28 AM   #20
GucciGhostXXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bono View Post
Don't make me search the boards for this answer!
Agreed... spit it out, bruh! LOL

Good thought, Will. A lot of this is the psychological game.

Also, what I don't totally get is HOW these queries go through. Not to beat a dead horse, but I'm not exaggerating when I say 95% of queries sent to my ex went to SPAM. I literally said to her a few times "Hand me your phone, I wanna read the queries." Most were in the SPAM folder. But, the ones that weren't she'd go through here emails specifically to look for queries "check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check," DELETE. Never opened a single one. She'd even say of the ones that made it to her email "How's this stuff making it past the SPAM filter?" I'm like "I dunno?"

My guess: they used her name, referenced something she sold etc.

The higher up the food chain you go, that's what these people are doing as part of their ritual. So, if you DO get a request, understand that you are hella beating the odds.