Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Walking Dead - new season... anybody?

Originally posted by UnequalProductions View Post
    When Abraham wanted to bail in the middle of the night, Glen convinced him to stay and help deal with the Terminus people by saying he and Maggie would leave with him the next day at noon if they stayed.

Abraham isn't interested in waiting around for Daryl and Carol. He wants to get moving, but he also needs as many people as possible.
    Yeah - I got that. I just didn't get why Glen and Maggie would think separating was a good idea when strength in numbers has always served them. Especially since going through hell to reunite.
    Advice from writer, Kelly Sue DeConnick. "Try this: if you can replace your female character with a sexy lamp and the story still basically works, maybe you need another draft.-

Comment

Glen struck a deal so they would help with the Terminus people, which proved to be pretty dumb on his part since Rick did most of the work. Abraham really didn't do sh!t.

Comment

Such a frustrating show.

The earth has been inherited by the dumbest people on earth.

Since this is a writing forum... taking the easiest solution to get from A to B is lazy writing.
        Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue

Comment

I agree with every negative comment I have ever read about this show, but I can't stop watching it.
          TimeStorm & Blurred Vision Book info & blog: https://stormingtime.com//

Comment

Originally posted by hscope View Post
            I agree with every negative comment I have ever read about this show, but I can't stop watching it.
            We are all cursed to suffer through till the end.

Half glass full, 4 months to game of thrones.

Comment

Originally posted by hscope View Post
              Yep. I'm hoping that cutting the cord to cable and having to wait 30 days for the Hulu version will help. But dammit, I netflixed the last season anyway. Maybe if I read all the spoilers...

Why is it so damn compelling?

Comment

Originally posted by carcar View Post
                Yep. I'm hoping that cutting the cord to cable and having to wait 30 days for the Hulu version will help. But dammit, I netflixed the last season anyway. Maybe if I read all the spoilers...

Why is it so damn compelling?
                Yeah, no matter the flaws of this show (imo there are few flaws), I'm in for the duration.

Like I said earlier in the thread, I think it's compelling because the "what if" of Walking Dead hits close to home in terms of what average people can or can't do in a catastrophic situation that destroys government, communications, and supply lines. Even without zombies roaming about, it would be a challenge.

Years ago, though we're in an area that hadn't been severely hit by hurricanes in a couple decades , we ended up dead center in the middle of the night (totally opposite to what the weather tracking said earlier in the evening) and lost power for nearly a week because our local government was caught with its pants down, so to speak. It was a wake up call to find yourself without basics and having to fend for yourself.

Stupid little things -- like, the day before you figured you could gas up in the morning but now the gas station, also without power, can't turn the pumps on. Or, the grocery store - those that bother to open in a blackout -- is only doing cash transactions because its registers are down -- no swiping of debit cards possible.

So we watch and think about those "what if" scenarios....
                Advice from writer, Kelly Sue DeConnick. "Try this: if you can replace your female character with a sexy lamp and the story still basically works, maybe you need another draft.-

Comment

Originally posted by sc111 View Post
                  Yeah, no matter the flaws of this show (imo there are few flaws), I'm in for the duration.

Like I said earlier in the thread, I think it's compelling because the "what if" of Walking Dead hits close to home in terms of what average people can or can't do in a catastrophic situation that destroys government, communications, and supply lines. Even without zombies roaming about, it would be a challenge.

Years ago, though we're in an area that hadn't been severely hit by hurricanes in a couple decades , we ended up dead center in the middle of the night (totally opposite to what the weather tracking said earlier in the evening) and lost power for nearly a week because our local government was caught with its pants down, so to speak. It was a wake up call to find yourself without basics and having to fend for yourself.

Stupid little things -- like, the day before you figured you could gas up in the morning but now the gas station, also without power, can't turn the pumps on. Or, the grocery store - those that bother to open in a blackout -- is only doing cash transactions because its registers are down -- no swiping of debit cards possible.

So we watch and think about those "what if" scenarios....
                  I hear what you are saying, SC, but I think that applies to many shows.

For me, I loved the early seasons and I watch in the hope that they will recapture that excitement. I also hope they will break out of that very small section of the US and go into the wider world instead of going around in circles within the woods.

The first episdoe this time was excellent, but we're now back to the same old same old, with me doing the same old hopeful watching.
                  TimeStorm & Blurred Vision Book info & blog: https://stormingtime.com//

Comment

I'm just watching to see if the writing finally clicks. Sometimes it does, but mostly it's just writers tellin' and not showin'. It's the techies keeping this afloat; the directors and all the way down to that person putting injokes in the background.
                    "Forget it, Jake. It's Hollywood."

My YouTube channel.

Comment

God damn this show... I'm really digging where they're going this season, splintering the narrative. And really pimping the allegory with the rogue cops. Not subtle but this ain't a subtle show.

My YouTube channel.

Comment

Well, that might've been the worst episode of the entire series.

Comment

Originally posted by Signal30 View Post
                          God damn this show... I'm really digging where they're going this season
                          Where the hell are they going? It all seems a bit aimless now, especially now the DC mission is dead.
                          It's the eye of the Tiger, it's the thrill of the fight

Comment

Actually, I gave up right after posting; halfway through the episode. The writing is too awful for the directors (and crew) to fix. I'm done.

My YouTube channel.

Comment

Originally posted by Signal30 View Post
                              Actually, I gave up right after posting; halfway through the episode. The writing is too awful for the directors (and crew) to fix. I'm done.
                              Nope, you'll be back. I said the same thing to myself after last week's crapfest and my ass was planted on the couch promptly at 9:00 the next Sunday.

This week's episode was better, if only because it featured Carol and Darrell.

Comment

The problem with the episode was we already knew how it would end before it started.

Despite a couple of cool scenes it was a filler episode loaded with unnecessary flashbacks.

Looks like were headed for a rehash of the season three midseason finale - rescue our own from the bad people, replace Woodbury with the hospital.

One day the walking dead team will master the art of weaving multiple storylines into a single episode.
                                Last edited by christopher jon; 11-18-2014, 01:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X