No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something new.....

Hi everyone,
    I am looking for suggestions on a good scifi-ish series. I have watched many and now have "show-hole".

I have a list below of what I have watched (and kinda what my tastes are) so those of you who want to help can see sorta what style of series I am looking for.

I thank you for your help and let me know what's good out there.

List of series' I have seen already:

Babylon 5
    Battlestar Galactica (old and new)
    Fringe
    Breaking Bad (though not typical scifi)
    Killjoys
    Stargates
    Dark Matter
    all Star Treks

I am sure I am forgetting some, but I welcome any and all suggestions.

Re: Something new.....

want to try something old?

Blakes 7... forget the somewhat hammy acting and cheap BBC production values
    I heard the starting gun

sigpic

Comment

Firefly / serenity.

Last episode of Blakes 7 was awesome... (rose tinted glasses apllied) it was about 35 yrs ago and I was ... 7? still waiting for the new series!

Comment

Orphan Black is amazing. Tatiana Maslany won the Emmy last year for Best Actress in a Drama (a well-deserved prize). You will be hooked.

An oldie but a goodie: The 4400. Ended its four-year run in 2007 and it was captivating. Plus you'll also get to see Mahershala Ali in one of his many strong pre-Oscar performances.
        "I love being a writer. What I can't stand is the paperwork.-- Peter De Vries

Comment

Sens8
          Lost Girl
          The Expanse
          Doctor Who (newer seasons)
          Warehouse 13
          Farscape

Comment

Originally posted by Southern_land View Post
            want to try something old?

Blakes 7... forget the somewhat hammy acting and cheap BBC production values
            I personally have never seen Blake's 7, but my hubby has and he has fond memories of it. May have to see if I can find it to check it out.

I enjoy older shows. I love the older Doctor Who's as well as the newer ones. Matt Smith is my fav doctor even though I love them all.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackanory View Post
              Firefly / serenity.

Last episode of Blakes 7 was awesome... (rose tinted glasses apllied) it was about 35 yrs ago and I was ... 7? still waiting for the new series!
              I have seen both Firefly and the film Serenity. I knew I was forgetting some things. lol

Comment

Originally posted by UpandComing View Post
                Orphan Black is amazing. Tatiana Maslany won the Emmy last year for Best Actress in a Drama (a well-deserved prize). You will be hooked.

An oldie but a goodie: The 4400. Ended its four-year run in 2007 and it was captivating. Plus you'll also get to see Mahershala Ali in one of his many strong pre-Oscar performances.
                I heard Orphan Black was awesome. Saw 4400 a while back (it's another of those that I forgot to put on my list) and I thought it was really good.

Comment

Originally posted by MoviePen View Post
                  Sens8
                  Lost Girl
                  The Expanse
                  Doctor Who (newer seasons)
                  Warehouse 13
                  Farscape
                  I have seen Sens8 (pretty good), all the doctors (love em), and I started watching the expanse a while back but it was kinda slow building for me, but I may give it another shot.

I also started Farscape but for some reason lost interest in it, but cannot remember why so I may have to revisit that one.

Haven't seen lost girl or warehouse 13 so I shall read up on them to see what they are about.

I also forgot to put on the "I have seen" list Ascension and the Librarians which are both pretty good.

Has anyone seen Red Dwarf? I heard it is good and that it is Patrick Stewart's fav show.

I truly appreciate everyone's suggestions, keep em coming!

Comment

Has anyone seen Red Dwarf? I heard it is good and that it is Patrick Stewart's fav show.
                    Red Dwarf was a classic British sitcom that was really quite genius in the late 80s/early 90s. Very dated now but consistently inventive.

The original Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy is pretty much essential sci-fi viewing too.

Neither show is tonally close to titles on your original list but still worth checking out.
                    NOTES / COVERAGE
                    15,000+ Screenplays
                    [email protected]

Comment

Space 1999 had its moments -- if you're willing to overlook the limits of '70s SPFX.

Also, I enjoyed some of the first season of the '80s version of Buck Rogers in the 25th Century (though I may be the only one; plus, my perceptions are colored because it was a part of my childhood).

Comment

Lexx. There are episodes on YouTube.
                        "I am the story itself; its source, its voice, its music."
                        - Clive Barker, Galilee

Comment

Originally posted by Darthclaw13 View Post
                          Red Dwarf is my favourite show of all time so I can recommend it. I'm not sure if it will have quite the same appeal to an American viewer but you'll struggle to find a Sitcom as tightly written. Well, Series I-V at least. A lot of them had some really great sci-fi concepts, all explored in 30 minutes.

If you're ever feeling masochistic check out the American pilot episode. Poor Craig Bierko.

Comment

Working...
                          X