ONE SHOT trailer -- um, how short IS Tom Cruise?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ONE SHOT trailer -- um, how short IS Tom Cruise?

It's like they're TRYING to make him look short, he can't be more than 5-7 or 5-8.

Not his fault, but definitely miscast.

Why not Dwayne thingy aka The Rock?

In fact this LOOKS just like a Rock B-movie with the street fights, smokin' tires and jean-shorts girls.

This is REALLY gonna naff off Jack Reacher fans.

I don't care, the books are junk anyway.

Trailer was thoroughly generic, like the books.

Re: ONE SHOT trailer -- um, how short IS Tom Cruise?

I thought it was weird how one minute in, music starts which was reminiscent of the Mission Impossible music. What's that about?

Comment

Trailer looks awesome. Good that they don't make him tall - like they did with action heroes of the past with Van Damme, Stallone and even Tom himself all standing on boxes and cast against short actors. In fact it makes the guy even more bad arse because he isn't some hulking goliath. Also see Payback with 5' 8" Mel Gibson - every guy bar one towers over him. Yet he's still the baddest.
      M.A.G.A.

Comment

Originally posted by SundownInRetreat View Post
        Also see Payback with 5' 8" Mel Gibson.
        Mel Gibson looks and sounds like a crazy badass (which he is), this guy looks and sounds like...

Forget it.

Comment

Go and watch The Man From Nowhere to see the impact of an average/small-built dude suddenly tearing sh1t up.

P.S. This doesn't mean that I condone Tom Cruise playing a bad-arse, because, for me, he's always looked more like a sleazy salesman/wannabe city slicker, with that "Hey, I'm your friend," grin and body language.

This doesn't mean that I've not enjoyed Tom Cruise films though (aside from Vanilla Sky, which is one of the biggest bags of SH!T a girl has ever made me sit through!).
          Cufk, Tish, Sips.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandmaster View Post
            ...he's always looked more like a sleazy salesman...
            He did fine with MINORITY REPORT. But this trailer...meh.

Comment

Cruise kicked major ass in Collateral. He can come off as dangerous. People are tripping.

Comment

Originally posted by Deion22 View Post
                Cruise kicked major ass in Collateral. He can come off as dangerous. People are tripping.
                Exactly. He was pretty badass in Ghost Protocol and The Last Samurai too.
                Ring-a-ding-ding, baby.

Comment

I don't know how they are going to make people root for Tom Cruise over Werner Herzog as the villain. Who doesn't want to see Herzog chew up Cruise?

Comment

Originally posted by tavis sarmento View Post
                    I don't know how they are going to make people root for Tom Cruise over Werner Herzog as the villain. Who doesn't want to see Herzog chew up Cruise?

Herzog went head to head with Kinski. Tomcat doesn't stand a chance.

Comment

Agree (like usual...you have good taste, my man). Loved that club scene in "Collateral" where Cruise just goes to town with Paul Oakenfold jamming in the background. Fun fact, you know the guy who gives Cruise the suitcase in the airport at the beginning of the film (without even uttering a line), is Jason Statham?

Comment

Originally posted by CthulhuRises View Post
                        Agree (like usual...you have good taste, my man). Loved that club scene in "Collateral" where Cruise just goes to town with Paul Oakenfold jamming in the background. Fun fact, you know the guy who gives Cruise the suitcase in the airport at the beginning of the film (without even uttering a line), is Jason Statham?

Thanks man. Ya that scene in the club was awesome. I never knew that was Statham. Crazy. I gotta watch the movie again.

Comment

Cruise kicked major ass in Collateral. He can come off as dangerous.
                          Can and does are two different things.

Here, he looks like Tom Cruise. Clean-cut, fresh trimmed, shaven and shorn, pretty boy, non-threatening millionaire celebrity ladies' man Tom Cruise. That's a problem when he's playing a role that requires him to be tougher than the toughest tough guy.

Now...if he looked like he did in Collateral, there would be no problem. But the little squirt from A Few Good Men trying to be a tough guy just will never work.

It's like casting Steve Buscemi as a pretty boy ladies' man like Tom Cruise. You gotta doctor that sh_t up first.

Comment

I think the trailer had some "DRIVE" feel to it. I've only read three of the books and it certainly doesn't match the print in my head. This is supposed to be a Major Franchise with a massive built in Mob behind the books.

The timing couldn't be worse for Cruise, because no matter what happens, his pending Divorce will dominate the headlines and his religous beliefs are going to go right back under the microscope.

Win, Lose or draw? The film won't get a fair shake in this tornado of **** Cruise is in. I'd be surprised if this release wasn't put off for a sunnier day for the star.
                            Should be an interesting study in Star Power, Marketing and business... and then some.
                            He who laughs last is mentally slow

Comment

looks incredibly chessy and uninspiring to me.

even the title "Jack Reacher" is this side of "John Carter" boringness.

this isnt going to do well.

Comment

Working...
                              X