No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about Netflix Premiere?

Hi,

I was a staff writer in a Netflix room and have been invited to the premiere and afterparty for the show. I have never been to a Hollywood premiere before and have no idea what to expect.

As one of the writers, I'm not expected to be in formalwear, is that right? Could I get away with a cocktail dress? I really don't want to embarrass myself by under or over dressing. It's an evening premiere, if that helps.

Thank you!

Re: Questions about Netflix Premiere?

I've been to movie premieres before for films I've worked on and in other cases as a guest -- i.e. using one of my bosses passes.

It can vary a little from event to event. But rarely these days is anyone wearing formal wear. Those days are mostly long gone. For the Oscars, Golden Globes, etc. you generally see tuxes and very nice dresses/outfits.

All the big premieres I've been too were more "dress to impress." Nice jacket & pants, dress shirt and nice shoes for the guys. Then a nice dress or cocktail type dress for the ladies. But then too, there were quirky people that wore something a bit nuttier and didn't really care. (Wasn't their style to ever really dress up.)

Quite honestly, probably the best thing to do is ask one of your fellow writers. Just be honest and ask what they are wearing and might suggest. Surely they can tell you. Also, check any fine print on the invite. Most usually note formal wear, business attire, etc. I would assume this would be more business attire based on how most events like this go nowadays. Look good/nice and you should be fine.

Hope this helps some.

W
    Last edited by Done Deal Pro; 09-30-2018, 02:55 PM. Reason: Grammar
    Will
    Done Deal Pro
    www.donedealpro.com

Comment

Re: Questions about Netflix Premiere?

Thank you! I will reach out to a couple of the other writers as well. Good to know I can get away with a cocktail dress. I appreciate the detailed response!

Comment

Working...
      X