"We dropped the ball on Indiana Jones" Is Shia Lebouf's Career in Jeopardy?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "We dropped the ball on Indiana Jones" Is Shia Lebouf's Career in Jeopardy?

Dude, I know you're a wet-behind-the-ears college kid but...newsflash...29 IS young.
    "Tact's just 'not saying true stuff.' " - Cordelia Chase

Comment

Levitt's acting career is young.

Indy 4 was an abomination. Transformers 1 and 2 sucked just as hard.

If Shia cared about making good movies, he wouldn't have done those films!

What a poser.

Comment

Originally posted by Biohazard View Post
        Levitt's acting career is young.
        Dude's been acting for decades.

Comment

I thought the first half of Indy 4 was really good. Got a bit wobbly in the second half, I'll admit. Bring on Indy 5
          It's the eye of the Tiger, it's the thrill of the fight

Comment

Originally posted by MacG View Post
            Good for you, Shia! Your stock just went up a couple points in my book.

As for his career being in jeopardy? Not a chance. He may not have liked what became of TRANSFORMERS 2 or INDIANA JONES, but both films made massive bucks at the b.o, and that's all that matters to continued longevity in the biz....
            What he said.
            @TerranceMulloy

Comment

Originally posted by Optimus View Post
              Dude, I know you're a wet-behind-the-ears college kid but...newsflash...29 IS young.
              Not in Hollywood years.

INT. PINEAPPLE - DAY

Comment

Originally posted by ihavebiglips View Post
                Dude's been acting for decades.
                The popularity of Levitt's acting career is young.

Comment

Shia is here to stay. He's not going away anytime soon, like Battle Dolphin Zero said he's the only young actor with the trajectory to be the next Tom Cruise/Will Smith level star.
                  Excedrin Migraine. Red Bull. Fade in.

Sinister Scrawlings

Comment

Originally posted by 12916studios View Post
                    I read something recently that said Zac Efron might be the next major star. I don't know about that, really, although the trailer for his newest film did actually have a pretty meaty role.
                    I used to regard Zac Efron as nothing but eye candy for teenage girls, but after seeing him in Me and Orson Welles I've changed my mind. I think he's got range. I can't predict his career, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him do pretty well.
                    "Your intuition knows what to write, so get out of the way.-
                    ― Ray Bradbury

Comment

Originally posted by Biohazard View Post
                      The popularity of Levitt's acting career is young.
                      http://pro.imdb.com/name/nm0330687/awards

He was great in Mysterious Skin.

Comment

I don't get the swooning over Shia LaBeouf, but then the only films I've seen him in are the Indiana Jones thing (where I thought he was annoying) and Charlie's Angel's: Full Throttle... which I don't even recall him being in.

Just out of curiosity... what is it he's done that makes him the big gun of young actors? Don't tell me BO-boffo stuff like Transformers. His name didn't sell that.

Personally, he just comes across as a nebbish with a kick-ass agent. Nothing more or less.

On the other hand... after that interview, I don't see a call coming in the future for him to pick up Indiana Jones' whip.
                        "Forget it, Jake. It's Hollywood."

My YouTube channel.

Comment

Originally posted by Signal30 View Post
                          Just out of curiosity... what is it he's done that makes him the big gun of young actors? Don't tell me BO-boffo stuff like Transformers. His name didn't sell that..
                          Movies like Disturbia and Eagle Eye are "Shia" movies. It's all him. No way could any other star in their 20s power those films.

There are other stars mentioned here who could blow up for sure. But remember, the bar is someone who can do what the OG stars did: back in the day, Tom Hanks could drive a movie like Cast Away to 200 mill. That's him on an island with a soccer ball.

What Will Smith did with Pursuit of Happiness and Hitch and even dragging Seven Pounds from mega-flop to respectable earnings, that sh!t used to be mandatory just 10 years ago.

Remember Bruce Almighty? I think it opened to 70 or 80 million. No preawareness or comic book or video game to boost it, just Jim Carrey.

Sadly, if you look at Angelina's b.o.mojo, you will see that she can't do what Julia used to do. I believe an Erin Brockovitch type of film would bomb with Jolie. Tomb Raider? Video game gets a lot of credit for helping. Wanted is mostly her but she's very inconsistent.

Some of it has to do with the fact that the last generation of star used to get WAY MORE shots at getting a hit. They made a lot more movies.

Anyway, this isn't about "liking" Shia, which I do. He's already on his way.

Comment

Originally posted by BattleDolphinZero View Post
                            There are other stars mentioned here who could blow up for sure. But remember, the bar is someone who can do what the OG stars did: back in the day, Tom Hanks could drive a movie like Cast Away to 200 mill. That's him on an island with a soccer ball.

What Will Smith did with Pursuit of Happiness and Hitch and even dragging Seven Pounds from mega-flop to respectable earnings, that sh!t used to be mandatory just 10 years ago.

Remember Bruce Almighty? I think it opened to 70 or 80 million. No preawareness or comic book or video game to boost it, just Jim Carrey.
                            True... but those actors had established themselves long before that. Shia comes out of nowhere with some prefab cred. Lots of folks are crying out that he's the next hot shit... but there's really nothing that supports that. Who the hell is this dude? It not like we have DiCaprio and What's Eating Gilbert Grape? All we have here is licky casting, it seems.
                            "Forget it, Jake. It's Hollywood."

My YouTube channel.

Comment

Originally posted by BattleDolphinZero View Post
                              Movies like Disturbia and Eagle Eye are "Shia" movies. It's all him. No way could any other star in their 20s power those films.
                              Period.

I hated the idea of remaking Rear Window, but Disturbia grew on be because of the charisma of the lead actor (and Carl Ellsworth can write). He can carry a film on his shoulders. It may not have been a great film, but it's a Hollywood film nonetheless.

Comment

I first saw him in The Greatest Game Ever Played. I never thought I could cry during a golf movie. He and the film were awesome.

I can't wait for WALL STREET. I've been wishing under the north star for a sequel for 20 years.
                                https://actbreakdown.com

Comment

Working...
                                X