X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Big Break announcements

Originally posted by thornmane View Post
    Top-5s announced for all categories.
    I'm still in the running for Drama and so is ClintW3 in Period/Historical/War.

https://store.finaldraft.com/big-bre...currentwinners

To Clint and all those still in the running, congrats and best of luck (hopefully not as much luck to those in the drama category, but I might be biased )
    Congrats to everyone on the list.
    Making it this far is a happy surprise.
    I just finished vomit draft of one-hour TV pilot adaptation of "Freedom Fort" (thinking mini-series). If you'd like to check it out, let me know.
    Good luck to everyone in the top five until we're competing for the grand prize.

Comment

Check out who's on the Final Draft "Big Break Contest" list of "Finalists Feature" in the "Period/Historical/War" category! Congratulations! Well done!
      “Nothing is what rocks dream about” ― Aristotle

Comment

For those who entered this contest, what are your thoughts on your experience? Did this contest give you a lot of traction? What kind of scripts do gravitate towards?

Comment

Originally posted by Friday View Post
          For those who entered this contest, what are your thoughts on your experience? Did this contest give you a lot of traction? What kind of scripts do gravitate towards?
          My experience with the Final Draft people was very positive. Prizes arrived on time, they throw a big party and treat you nicely.

But, winning the historical/period category generated zero contact from managers and agents.

Your mileage may vary.

Comment

Originally posted by ClintW3 View Post
            My experience with the Final Draft people was very positive. Prizes arrived on time, they throw a big party and treat you nicely.

But, winning the historical/period category generated zero contact from managers and agents.

Your mileage may vary.
            Hmmm. Thanks for sharing your experience. Congratulations on winning though...you must have written a hell of a script to win. Did you enter any other contests? Were they with the same genre (historical period piece)?

Comment

Earlier version of same script made second round at Austin, top 20% of Nicholl.

Comment

Working...
              X