Sold script, movie in post-prod., can't get agent...

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Sold script, movie in post-prod., can't get agent...

Originally posted by chuckhustmyre
    With this board ... you can never tell. After being on here just a month I found out I have no idea what I'm doing, and that everything I've done has been wrong
    Wow. It's hard to wish you success when you come across like such a dick, man.

You came on here bitchin' about your situation and asking for advice, you got it, you disregarded it. That's fine, I don't think anyone was telling you how you MUST run your career ... But I read through this entire thread and the advice you got from repped writers, managers, and others was very solid. Your attitude was insulting to the good dudes offering you help.

Congrats on getting a rep, I hope he's everything you wanted. You're obviously very talented and ambitious, and putting your full efforts into your writing will do wonders for you ... but a little humility wouldn't kill you.

Comment

Chuck, out of curiousity, did you sign a two-year contractual agreement with ZG or was it a handshake agreement? Do you as the writer retain full rights to scripts you write while under the ZG banner? Curious about this outfit.

SMASH TO:

BLACK

Comment

Wow. 2 years that you HAVE to be repped by them? Is that typical?

Comment

Thanks for the response Chuck.

@Solomon: I assume this is still an "at-will" agreement and either party can leave at any time...but then again I could be wrong. Now that you mention it, what if Chuck gets into a big fight with his manager and said manager won't take Chuck's stuff out anymore. Now Chuck can't go anywhere else...see your concern...

SMASH TO:

BLACK

Comment

You guys have got to be putting me on, right? You're worried about the details of my contract and hypothetical fights I might get into with my manager at some unspecified time in the future?

To quote Bill Murray in Groundhog Day, "What a complete waste of time."

To put your minds at ease, how about I worry about the details of my contract?
            It's 'cause we care, Chuck. We really care. Seriously, though -- run it past a lawyer. This is about screen rights to a novel, no?
            Advice from writer, Kelly Sue DeConnick. "Try this: if you can replace your female character with a sexy lamp and the story still basically works, maybe you need another draft.-

Comment

Two years. I retain the rights. I share credit if they supply the idea and I write it.
              Did they mention that might be a possibility? They have ideas that they ask their clients to write for them on spec?

Comment

I'm not worried about you. I was asking about it in general because I have material at the same company. Sorry you got offended.

To quote Bill Murray in Caddyshack, "It's not my fault nobody can understand what you're saying."

Comment

Working...
                X