No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tracking Board LaunchPad vs. TrackingB Competition

Originally posted by Geoff Alexander View Post
    I still haven't seen any proof that Rock lied about anything, doesn't seem to be on Franklin's twitter feed, though I may have just missed it.
    https://twitter.com/franklinleonard/...89635218599936

Comment

Thanks, Franklin, as far as I can see, it doesn't show anything from Rock there, just the Deadline bit and some comments regarding it.

Comment

How about a congrats to the writer and those involved who helped make a spec sale happen?

Or, are we not supposed to root for writers/reps/producers if they aren't Franklin Leonard/Black List approved?

Comment

Originally posted by Geoff Alexander View Post
          Thanks, Franklin, as far as I can see, it doesn't show anything from Rock there, just the Deadline bit and some comments regarding it.
          Look on a desktop instead of mobile. Only one photo shows up on the latter. The second one shows Rock's point blank denial of running Tracking Board.

As for the writer, let's absolutely give him credit and congratulate him, both for his script and for his service to the country. My father, mother, and grandfather were all US Army so I'm particularly happy about this sale.

Comment

Pretty sure it's common knowledge that Romark (Shaink's company) either do or did own a stake in TB. Have no idea why he would deny this, though I suspect it is intended to reduce his exposure/liability for what happens in the forums. He clearly has no desire to become the next target of the industry's ire ala Carson Reeves.

Comment

Originally posted by FranklinLeonard View Post
              Look on a desktop instead of mobile. Only one photo shows up on the latter. The second one shows Rock's point blank denial of running Tracking Board.

As for the writer, let's absolutely give him credit and congratulate him, both for his script and for his service to the country. My father, mother, and grandfather were all US Army so I'm particularly happy about this sale.
              Ah--gotcha, I see it.

Comment

A producer who lies???! Sure glad we identified that bad apple and the integrity of Hollywood can be restored.

Comment

Tracking Board's Launch Pad contest has published its 12 Honorable Mentions. My script is among them.

http://www.tracking-board.com/the-la...able-mentions/

Will it help attract the attention of managers, agents, producers? Who knows?

What do people think -- citing it in queries would be the best strategy?

Thanks in advance for advice, opinions.
                  Last edited by Concord; 01-09-2015, 02:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Concord View Post
                    Tracking Board's Launch Pad contest has published its 12 Honorable Mentions. My script is among them.

Congratulations!! Great news. I don't see why you wouldn't include it in queries. You just missed the cut and beat out a lot of people. And your name is actually on a site whose link you can send. Go for it!!
                    "I love being a writer. What I can't stand is the paperwork.-- Peter De Vries

Comment

Originally posted by Concord View Post

Congrats!

Just add a simple sentence about it after your logline:

Honorable mention in 2014 Tracking Board LaunchPad Contest

Or whatever. They can read it or not. It might mean something to them or not. But at least it's in there and can't hurt.

Comment

Thanks Up and Coming and Slupo. Sounds totally reasonable. I'll give it a shot!

Comment

Congrats, Concord!

Comment

So - any follow up from those who advanced in 2014?
                            "People who work in Hollywood are the ones who didn't quit." -- Lawrence Kasdan

Please visit my website and blog: www.lauridonahue.com.

Comment

Working...
                            X