Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scriptapalooza

Is this contest not as popular anymore? I really don't see the chatter around social media and some of these forums as I do other contests like Page. I entered Page and Scriptapalooza. I moved up to the quarterfinalists round in Page but did not in Scriptapalooza. I didn't pay for the feedback so I can't really comment on that part of it. I just found it surprising that I saw quite a bit of chatter the day Page was set to release the quarterfinalists but nothing today when Scriptapalooza did.
    - Hot Rod -

"What no wife of a writer can ever understand is that a writer is working when he's staring out of the window." ~Burton Rascoe

Re: Scriptapalooza

I was surprised by the lack of talk too. Though I was lucky enough to make the QF in both, it sounds like quite a few Page QFs did not make the cutoff in Scriptapalooza.

Comment

I entered my pilot in the Scriptapalooza TV competition a few months ago. The results should be out on the 30th of August. I hate the wait.
      As for Scriptapalooza's popularity, I recall Jake Wagner mentioning it in an interview alongside Nicholl, Page, etc.

Comment

I didn't enter this year, but I got a fair number of reads after being a runner up in the past, so it's definitely one I recommend to people. I wondered why it wasn't mentioned very often.

Comment

They were late in announcing their QF but early with the semis... I dunno if that kept people from chattering about it...?

(I will generally enter if I have something worthwhile. Got the notice today I made it to the semis with 99 other lovely writers. And they promote their top 100 scripts, so that's a nice thing other contests don't do.)

Congrats and good luck to all who entered!

Comment

The winners have been announced. I made it as a finalist, which is the furthest I've ever made it in a contest, so progress!

Comment

Working...
            X