Click here for Done Deal Pro home page

Done Deal Pro Home Page

Go Back   Done Deal Pro Forums > Business > Agents, Lawyers & Managers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2012, 05:38 PM   #111
Southern_land

Default Re: 2012 HeartWalk: Get considered by Benderspink and Help Fight Heart Disease...

Great job you've done Joe... in both ways.

Southern_land is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:16 PM   #112
stainjm

Default Re: 2012 HeartWalk: Get considered by Benderspink and Help Fight Heart Disease...

What is the average time to hear back, do you think? A couple months?
stainjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 04:28 PM   #113
decarbe
User

Agreed. You raised a lot of money. Well done.
decarbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:56 AM   #114
joe9alt

Thanks everybody. Every dollar goes toward the American Heart Association's research efforts so we've done a good thing for a great cause.

As far as the estimated time to hear back, I don't know, and I'm not going to bug Dan. What's guaranteed is you WILL hear back one way or another. If Dan likes your work you'll probably get a call or email from him directly. If he's passing he'll send me the pass email and I'll forward to you. You'll never just hear nothing...so feel free to check in periodically via email if you like.
Old 10-24-2012, 03:11 PM   #115
stainjm

Just saw the Tacoma by your name - nice! Federal Way here (raised, don't live there anymore). Glad to see us representing!
stainjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:09 AM   #116
MikeD
User

Stainjim, on the question of how long it takes for a read on the Benderspink Heartwalk, the answer is very sketchy because so few writers have reported responses. The same question was asked on the Amazon Studio forum site. Three writers said they received an answer, all passes. One said it came in five months. Mine came in six months, so it looks like the time for a read would vary 4-6 months. So far, no one on the AS site has reported finding representation with Benderspink as a result of the 2012 Heartwalk. But one writer has reported receiving an "open window" opportunity to submit more scripts. Not sure about writers on this site. For a success, the script would probably have to meet the specific interests of the Benderspink company and appeal to the reader's preferences. Good luck
MikeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:46 PM   #117
joe9alt

There was nothing "sketchy" about it.

I said from the beginning there is no timeline on when you'll hear back and there still isn't. All I did is guarantee that you WILL hear back one way or the other - it might take weeks or it might take months.

Dan is working his way through a massive read stack and I ask that everybody be patient and understanding of that.

Anybody who hasn't heard and wants to follow up can feel free to email me or PM here. I check my email more regularly, though, and if you donated/submitted you should already have the address.
Old 12-06-2012, 08:28 PM   #118
anxt
User

I have donated the past two years. Last year I heard back after about four months; got some nice comments and a "pass." This year I heard back after about six months; got more nice comments and an "open door." So -- it's for real, it's for a good cause, and I commend Joe and Dan for doing it.
anxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:17 PM   #119
CthulhuRises

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeD View Post
Stainjim, on the question of how long it takes for a read on the Benderspink Heartwalk, the answer is very sketchy because so few writers have reported responses. The same question was asked on the Amazon Studio forum site. Three writers said they received an answer, all passes. One said it came in five months. Mine came in six months, so it looks like the time for a read would vary 4-6 months. So far, no one on the AS site has reported finding representation with Benderspink as a result of the 2012 Heartwalk. But one writer has reported receiving an "open window" opportunity to submit more scripts. Not sure about writers on this site. For a success, the script would probably have to meet the specific interests of the Benderspink company and appeal to the reader's preferences. Good luck
For a success, it would have to be a damn good script...which is what Benderspink and every other reputable management firm is looking for. It's that simple. You make it sound like this is a contest or something. It's a charity with Joe adding some extra incentive to donate for a great cause.
CthulhuRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:30 AM   #120
zenplato

Quote:
Originally Posted by CthulhuRises View Post
For a success, it would have to be a damn good script...which is what Benderspink and every other reputable management firm is looking for. It's that simple. You make it sound like this is a contest or something. It's a charity with Joe adding some extra incentive to donate for a great cause.
You know...no good deed goes unpunished.

Lot's of ingrates out there.

Agreed, at the end of the day, it's for charity.

My hats off to Daniel for all the extra work he's doing for this. He's not getting paid, or anything. He's just doing it for a good cause. Same with Joe.

Kudos boys!

Last edited by zenplato : 12-07-2012 at 09:45 AM.
zenplato is offline   Reply With Quote