Click here for Done Deal Pro home page

Done Deal Pro Home Page

Go Back   Done Deal Pro Forums > Business > Agents, Lawyers & Managers
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-17-2012, 06:05 PM   #41
mcdsd1
User

Default Re: 2012 HeartWalk: Get considered by Benderspink and Help Fight Heart Disease...

What a great cause and great opportunity. Thank you for doing this.

I have a script that is currently optioned by a small production company. My cowriter and I are seeking representation. We have recently finished a first draft of our second screenplay, and want to take our time to making it as strong as possible. Would we be able to submit our first screenplay even though it is currently optioned?
mcdsd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 06:16 PM   #42
Rhodi

Default Re: 2012 HeartWalk: Get considered by Benderspink and Help Fight Heart Disease...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manchester View Post
And so you post, and thereby a post that does not exist is now explained.

Rhodi, that's almost Cartesian, though I'm not sure you've really captured the romance of Cogito ergo sum.
I didn't reply to a deleted post. I replied and then it was deleted after I responded. Hoo boy.
Rhodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 06:23 PM   #43
Manchester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodi View Post
I didn't reply to a deleted post. I replied and then it was deleted after I responded. Hoo boy.
I was just yolking.
Manchester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 06:38 PM   #44
Rhodi

Pshaw I can't stay mad at a gentleman with such astuteness in the use of emoticons and puns.
Rhodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 09:23 AM   #45
joe9alt

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdsd1 View Post
What a great cause and great opportunity. Thank you for doing this.

I have a script that is currently optioned by a small production company. My cowriter and I are seeking representation. We have recently finished a first draft of our second screenplay, and want to take our time to making it as strong as possible. Would we be able to submit our first screenplay even though it is currently optioned?
Sure. You basically want to show whatever work that demonstrates your talent. Just let him know upfront the work is optioned by so and so - a lot of times production companies are willing to partner and what not. At worst, the quality of the optioned script could get them excited to read what's next.
Old 05-18-2012, 11:49 AM   #46
JeffLowell

Did Mazin plug you yet? He said he would; I'll remind him if he didn't.
JeffLowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 12:30 PM   #47
joe9alt

I'm not even sure where he's supposed to plug me (god, that sounds bad)? Artful Writer? I don't see anything there. Sick your minions on him, Lowell.

I also wanted to post the below article to remind everybody that this endeavor is not really about "paying for a read."

It's about much more.

http://www.bellinghamherald.com/2011...or-pierce.html
Old 05-18-2012, 12:55 PM   #48
JoJo

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe9alt View Post
I'm not even sure where he's supposed to plug me (god, that sounds bad)? Artful Writer? I don't see anything there. Sick your minions on him, Lowell.

I also wanted to post the below article to remind everybody that this endeavor is not really about "paying for a read."

It's about much more.

http://www.bellinghamherald.com/2011...or-pierce.html
I think Jeff means Craig will plug you in his weekly podcast with John August (too late for this week since they already posted that one). Maybe next week?
Old 05-18-2012, 01:00 PM   #49
JoJo

Joe, every year literary agents and the like band together for a similar charitable fundraiser - many of them "auction off" their services (read part or full MS/query critique, etc.) all for a donation to the charity.

I point this out to any critics who think people are "paying to get read" - it's not the same when the money goes to a good cause.
Old 05-18-2012, 01:32 PM   #50
joe9alt

I completely agree.

The difference is clear between something that's for profit and something that's for a charity and not for profit.