Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tony

Just caught this gritty british serial killer flick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0SuvlfBjSk

Refreshing film making that ignores the rules.
    A really interesting oddball character study.
    There is no "Dexter" gloss here.

Has to be the first time I have actually felt empathy for a sadistic murderer!
    Obvious nods to HENRY, but still... Acting and Directing are solid.

A rare glimpse at the grimy side on london you rarely see on film
    Kudos to all involved.

Re: Tony

Great, now I need to find a new title for my Super Scribe biopic

Comment

Originally posted by Gwai Lo View Post
      Great, now I need to find a new title for my Super Scribe biopic
      DAYS OF DONE DEAL PRO AND ROSES?

No.. wait... DAYS OF WINE AND POSTING. That's more like it.

(Love ya, Tone!)
      Last edited by ihavebiglips; 12-21-2010, 05:36 PM.

Comment

just ignore those other two posters, they are talking about another DoneDeal user that is a regular on here. They just try to derail threads because they can't discuss screenwriting.

Trailer looks crazy. Maybe not cool like American Psycho, but has a really creepy/stark look and feel.

Have to keep an eye out for it.
        But this wily god never discloses even to the skillful questioner the whole content of his wisdom.

Comment

Really enjoyed this one too. Had a gritty realistic vibe about it. Shame its over before you know it...

Comment

Originally posted by reddery View Post
            just ignore those other two posters, they are talking about another DoneDeal user that is a regular on here. They just try to derail threads because they can't discuss screenwriting.
            I wanted to respond to this the other day but held my cyber-tongue for a number of reasons. But, heck, it's Christmas Eve, so I'll let it out now...

Both Gwai Lo and ihavebiglips are incredibly savvy when it comes to discussing the craft and art of screenwriting. Plus, both are monsters at critiquing films. I mean, their history on this board speaks for itself. Add to that the fact that one of Lips's scripts was on the Hit List this year, and, well, yeah...

Valuable members.

So whatever you may think of me, reddery (and I'll admit that I'm pretty much useless), don't let that soil your impression of these two fine gentlemen.

Merry Christmas.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperScribe View Post
              I wanted to respond to this the other day but held my cyber-tongue for a number of reasons. But, heck, it's Christmas Eve, so I'll let it out now...

Both Gwai Lo and ihavebiglips are incredibly savvy when it comes to discussing the craft and art of screenwriting. Plus, both are monsters at critiquing films. I mean, their history on this board speaks for itself. Add to that the fact that one of Lips's scripts was on the Hit List this year, and, well, yeah...

Valuable members.

So whatever you may think of me, reddery (and I'll admit that I'm pretty much useless), don't let that soil your impression of these two fine gentlemen.

Merry Christmas.
              Fuck reddery.

All in good fun, Tony. You're definitely on my list of DDer's to smoke up, as long as my shit-eating barbs are taken for what they really are - bad, easy jokes. A self-deprecating cat like yourself knows that, I'm sure.

Merry Christmas, motherfuckers!

Comment

"Gritty" because of the budget or "gritty" because it's harsh and daring?

Dude, I watched that advert, and where I'm all for plugging home-grown talent, that looked like it was filmed on a VHS home video camera.
                Cufk, Tish, Sips.

Comment

Since when does the medium matter anyway, F*CK HD & 3D.
                  The grit is in the storytelling.

its well worth a watch, and actually looks great.

Comment

Dude, I agree with you totally, such is why I asked if the "grit" was in the actual story and performances or the low visual quality, which sadly, is how most directors try to do things (insert shaky-cam. Sigh).
                    Cufk, Tish, Sips.

Comment

Working...
                    X