Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need A New Agent

I'm looking for an introduction to a new agent. Here is a thumbnail sketch of my resume:

I wrote the script for the 2011 Lionsgate movie HOUSE OF THE RISING SUN.
    Two weeks ago, I SOLD (not optioned) a script to Lucas Foster.
    Currently I have a high-concept script optioned by two guys who just left Joel Silver and struck out on their own.
    I have a paid option from Cinema Vault on a script.
    I have been hired by two companies, a Canadian and a British, to do page-one rewrites of two thrillers.
    Kirk Shaw is casting a thriller script of mine to shoot in Thailand this fall.

I am looking for a new agent, preferably one who's hungry and wants to work, someone who will shop the **** out of my scripts. If you can make an introduction or give me a referral, please send me an email at [email protected].

Thank you.

Chuck
    Last edited by chuckhustmyre; 08-04-2014, 11:20 AM.
    www.chuckhustmyre.com

Re: Need A New Agent

Have you asked any of these producers to refer you to an agent? It's best to attract an agent when there is a deal pending. A personal referral also helps.

Comment

I'm working on that angle too. I just thought a writer here might know of an agent willing to consider a new client.
      www.chuckhustmyre.com

Comment

Originally posted by chuckhustmyre View Post
        I'm looking for an introduction to a new agent. Here is a thumbnail sketch of my resume:

I wrote the script for the 2011 Lionsgate movie HOUSE OF THE RISING SUN.
        Two weeks ago, I SOLD (not optioned) a script to Lucas Foster.
        Currently I have a high-concept script optioned by two guys who just left Joel Silver and struck out on their own.
        I have a paid option from Cinema Vault on a script.
        I have been hired by two companies, a Canadian and a British, to do page-one rewrites of two thrillers.
        Kirk Shaw is casting a thriller script of mine to shoot in Thailand this fall.

I am looking for a new agent, preferably one who's hungry and wants to work, someone who will shop the **** out of my scripts. If you can make an introduction or give me a referral, please send me an email at [email protected].

Thank you.

Chuck
        I am assuming that the former Silver Execs you mentioned are Rona and Heineman? If so, they are both incredibly well connected and very cool. You should use them as a resource for advice in this. You could reach out to them privately, tell them whatever is going on with you and your agent, and ask them for advice. Producers love telling writers what to do! ; )
        Write, rite, wright... until you get it RIGHT.

Comment

I didn't mention their names, but … I'll take your advice. Thanks.
          www.chuckhustmyre.com

Comment

Do you have a manager already?
            "The most terrifying thing is to accept oneself completely." ~Jung

Comment

Yes, Mark. He's just not much help in finding a new agent.
              www.chuckhustmyre.com

Comment

Do you have a lawyer as well? Maybe ask them for a referral.

Comment

No lawyer. I'm already shelling out enough for my reps from my meager earnings
                  www.chuckhustmyre.com

Comment

I don't get this at all. Agents take on clients that haven't made anything. Why wouldn't they take on someone who's already an earner?

Comment

Bill, I don't think agents take on clients who haven't already earned something or have a deal on the table. I've sold several scripts and had one produced and usually can't get an agent to even answer an email. It's just a fluke I have the agent I do (whom I'm "retiring").
                      www.chuckhustmyre.com

Comment

I've got plenty of friends with agents who haven't sold anything yet. Been catching up on this board, and it seems like there are a lot of other people too.
                        Last edited by Done Deal Pro; 08-05-2014, 10:03 AM. Reason: Spelling.

Comment

I don't know the answer then. I'm looking for a referral to a new agent. I've got deals in the works and two new scripts.
                          www.chuckhustmyre.com

Comment

If your manager can't help you with securing a new agent, you need a new manager too.

Comment

If you're working on deals, couldn't you run in to some trouble if you cut the agent loose now? Unless you still plan on giving him/her his dues.
                              Ring-a-ding-ding, baby.

Comment

Working...
                              X