Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PAGE Awards 2015

Y'know, Foxhoud, I'm no shrink, but at some point I think you gotta accept responsibility for the fact that you wrote a great script. ;-) Congrats!
    Last edited by wildswan; 09-16-2015, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CthulhuRises View Post
      First time doing PAGE...in with a Pilot. Anyone who has done PAGE in the past, when do e-mails for Finalists from ProdCos/Agents/Managers usually start coming in? And how many/what kind of success have past Finalists (but not winners) had?
      I was a Semi-Finalist a few years back and one of the judges who read my script during the contest hired me to do a rewrite on a project. And because of that deal, soon afterwards I was signed by a lit manager. So I will always have a huge soft spot in my heart and a lot of gratitude for Page. And I know of a couple of other writers who were Finalists and were signed by lit managers who judged the contest as well.

That said, because they name so many winners every year, I think they focus their outside marketing efforts primarily on their winners, so if you're not in that top 31 I wouldn't expect huge numbers of queries.
      Last edited by wildswan; 09-16-2015, 03:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wildswan View Post
        Y'know, Foxhoud, I'm no shrink, but at some point I think you gotta accept responsibility for the fact that you wrote a great script. ;-) Congrats!
        Three Blacklist readers bashed the heck out of it
        I'm never wrong. Reality is just stubborn.

Comment

Foxhound, there's a big difference between BL readers and PAGE (or Nicholl) readers, as you've no doubt discovered.

PAGE readers are specifically chosen because they really like, if not love, the genre they're judging. So for example, a PAGE Sci-Fi judge, when confronted with a densely written, world-building, story will dive into it with enthusiasm. The PAGE judge probably is a true fan of Sci-Fi films and novels. A BL reader may be mildly into the genre, but not enough to be a true fan, and might perhaps be more impatient with the complexity needed to present an unfamiliar Sci-Fi world. That's my $.02 opinion.

Late Night Writer

Comment

Results in...my TV Partner & I got the Silver Prize for Drama Pilot. Congrats to all who placed!

Comment

Congrats CthulhuRises! Not my year to advance beyond the Finals, but PAGE runs an awesome competition each year. Hope this win brings you some attention!

Late Night Writer

Comment

Results in...my TV Partner & I got the Silver Prize for Drama Pilot. Congrats to all who placed!
                Great job. Keep it up.
                We gain our innocence by taking yours.

Comment

Congratulations, CthuluRises! That's a wonderful accomplishment. I'll bet it opens some doors for you!

Comment

Thanks, guys!

Comment

Congrats CthuluRises!

As for me, I knew I wouldn't win a month ago. I looked up one of the Finalists (online stalker style) on Facebook, and it turns out she's an award-winning writer/director. When I read that I knew she'd win Gold in my category (and she did). Amateurs can't compete with pros. Period.

The good news: They're gonna send out an e-mail blast of the semi/finalists' loglines to industry people who requested them.

The bad news. Nobody requested them.
                      I'm never wrong. Reality is just stubborn.

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS to CthulhuRises and his writing partner, who have signed with PAGE Judge Joe Riley of Velocity Entertainment! Joe discovered the writing team's terrific TV pilot during the contest judging process.

Lots of great news coming in from our 2015 Winners...

Since this year's Awards were announced, 7 of our 2015 PAGE Award-winning scripts have been optioned, 9 of our 2015 Winners have been signed by Hollywood representatives, 3 of our 2015 Winners have landed paid writing assignments, and several of our Finalists and Semi-Finalists have also been optioned or signed by industry execs who read their scripts during the contest judging process. And there are more exciting deals still in the works as well!

For anyone interested in entering next year's PAGE Awards contest, we are now accepting submissions for 2016. We'd love the opportunity to read your screenplay!

Sincerely yours,
                        Jennifer Berg
                        Administrative Director
                        https://pageawards.com

Last edited by PAGE Awards; 12-04-2015, 08:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X