No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Killing the Movie Star

Originally posted by Kevan View Post
    No so.. John Hurt was and we all know what happened to him..

Cough. Splutter. Vomit. Choke. Struggle. Arms Flail about. Can't breath!

End up on a table. Wild, frenzy. Deaththrows. Splat!

Baby alien rips through Kane's stomach!

You know the rest....
    One of the best death scenes ever.

Tom Skerritt had top billing in the film, however, and was the lead in terms of being the head of the mission. John Hurt was a supporting role and was never a potential protagonist.
    "There's one way to guarantee something won't be in the movie: put it in the screenplay."
    -Dan O'Bannon

Comment

On Executive Decision: I think it was John Leguizamo who wrote his biography that Steven Seagal had a hard time filming his death scene and made the crew wait all day for him.
      @MacBullitt

Comment

Killing time...

The only big Hollywood star that I haven't seen posted yet is Emilo Estevez in the start of Mission Impossible(1996).
        I'd rather get bank credit, than screen credit.

Comment

God you guys have covered them all! Okay, they're not HUGE movie stars but I can think of a couple.

I know, it seems lame, but at the time, IRON EAGLE 2 was a big sequel. And Doug Masters (the FRIGGIN STAR!) is literally killed off in the first 5 minutes. I went to see it because he was like the man, and I was sooo bummed when he died.

And (I think) in THE GRUDGE 2 Sarah Michelle Gellar is killed off way early only to be replaced by her sister (played by Amber Tamblyn).

I'll keep thinking...

SMASH TO:

BLACK

Comment

Originally posted by Twofingeredtypist View Post
            On Executive Decision: I think it was John Leguizamo who wrote his biography that Steven Seagal had a hard time filming his death scene and made the crew wait all day for him.
            Yeah, he talked about that on DINNER FOR FIVE. Hilarious.

Comment

OJ; The Crow, Brandon Lee...

It's to bad that OJ Simpson wasn't gacked liked Brandon Lee on the set of The Crow when he filmed his big shooting scene on The Naked Gun. www.imdb.com

Just think how things may have changed if that really happened!

Beef

PS: I heard JC considered OJ Simpson for the Terminator robot early on.
              I'd rather get bank credit, than screen credit.

Comment

By the way - I love this trick... and have done it in scripts before. If DOUBLE ACTION had been made, Texas Ranger Sam Elliott would have been killed in one of the opening scenes, leaving his comedy relief sidekick Tom Wilson to avenge him... but he's just the comedy relief guy!

The role of Moore in BLACK THUNDER was written for a star who was *much* bigger than the lead... and agreed to do it right up until a couple of days before shooting. We ended up with some no-name and it screwed the film.

The problem is getting the star who has no problem with not being the star... and ego is involved.

- Bill
                Free Script Tips:
                http://www.scriptsecrets.net

Comment

Originally posted by instant_karma View Post
                  I wish I owned this movie. I kind of want to watch it again now.
                  I watched it again last month. Halle Berry is f**king HOT!

Comment

It's a spoiler, but it seems someone does a Sam Jackson in the awesome Mega Piranha!

http://www.worstpreviews.com/headlin...=17214&count=0

Comment

Originally posted by sherbetbizarre View Post
                      It's a spoiler, but it seems someone does a Sam Jackson in the awesome Mega Piranha!

http://www.worstpreviews.com/headlin...=17214&count=0
                      That looks like a must see.

However, I think you might be stretching the definition of 'Movie Star' with the dude who gets eaten in that clip.
                      "Only nothing is impossible."
                      - Grant Morrison

Comment

Donnie Yen exited the film pretty early on in Hero, and he's pretty damn big in China.

I had a friend who refused to see Executive Decision until we told her we heard Seagal died early. She actually stood up and cheered when it happened, which was embarrassing for all of us.
                        Chicks Who Script podcast

Comment

Working...
                        X