No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Mechanic - starring Jason Statham

http://www.firstshowing.net/2010/03/...jason-statham/
    One must be fearless and tenacious when pursuing their dreams. If you don't, regret will be your reward.

The Fiction Story Room

Re: The Mechanic - starring Jason Statham

Looks promising. I'm interested.

Wonder if they'll keep the same type of silent opening as the original.
    "Tact's just 'not saying true stuff.' " - Cordelia Chase

Comment

And do you think they'll keep the same homoerotic tension from the original?

HH

Comment

this is a remake of something?? damn everything is either based on a book or remade for the second or third time these days. oh well, looks like it could be good, i'm assuming ben parker uses jason statham as a tool to get trained as an assassin and then turns on him?
        One must be fearless and tenacious when pursuing their dreams. If you don't, regret will be your reward.

The Fiction Story Room

Comment

Charles Bronson and Jan Michael Vincent in the original -- go rent it
          "you have to write right, right?" -- Todd Gordon

Comment

cool, just put it in my netflix que

The Fiction Story Room

Comment

And do you think they'll keep the same homoerotic tension from the original?
              they should expand on it.

Comment

Working trailer link: http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer...chanic/trailer

Could be interesting. Ben Foster is quite an interesting actor. He doesn't come across as a tough guy per se, but boy he has a crazy/psycho persona thing going on. Remember Alpha Dog, Hostage, 3:10 to Yuma?

Alternatively he can play pussies too...

Comment

wasnt that the plotline to Lucky Number Slevin? or something similar about the son coming for revenge?

The Fiction Story Room

Comment

Originally posted by Juno Styles View Post
                    wasnt that the plotline to Lucky Number Slevin? or something similar about the son coming for revenge?
                    Similar element but totally different execution. I will see this one, being a Ben Foster fan.

Comment

I thought the remake script brought out some cool cat-and-mouse elements the original failed to exploit.

The question gravitas brought up is not really an issue in the remake. In addition to the internal guilt/respect issues, Bishop teaches the son with an objective in mind.

Comment

I read the script for this before I watched the trailer. Looks like they changed some (minor?) stuff from what I read. Still looks promising.
                        The script was pretty good. I read PANDORA by the same writer. Guy looks to have talent. Although this probably doesn't have the stunning opening scene/ kill from the original. I must've been twelve when I first saw that. An ingenuity to rival anything they ever came up with in the James Bond movies. Blew me away...just like the victim in the movie!
                        Definitely will be checking this out when it surfaces here in Holland.

Comment

The guy is a capable writer no doubt. But there is nothing unique in this script. No fresh spin. It just feels done (to me).

And yes, the opening scene from the original was killer.

Comment

Agree that the opening kill in the original is amazing. Tough to compete with that.

I disagree with Gravitas that this doesn't bring anything fresh, though. It does for me.

The underlying concept begs for a cool cat-and-mouse game. As much as I like the original, it just doesn't really tackle that element very well. It left me wanting a lot more in that regard.

The script I read for the re-make goes there. I was very happy to see that.

Comment

Working...
                            X