No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: It's Official: "Live Free, or Die Hard" - PG-13

Originally posted by Cycstorm View Post
    I actually think Terminator 2 is one of only three sequels that's actually better than the original. The other two being Aliens and Spiderman 2.
    I agree, but you left out The Road Warrior.

It seems to me that this new Die Hard was only made because someone said "let's make another Die Hard" and not because anyone actually had a good idea for a movie.

Perhaps that's why Die Hard 3 was pretty awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by MacG View Post
      It's official, per a movie review from AICN: McClane does NOT say "Yippee Ki Yay Motherfvcker" in the film.

He says "Yippee Ki Yay Mother-(GUNSHOT)."

That's just plain ol' wrong....
      ... let me know what you think if you see it, but I thought the yippee ki yay muth -- worked great. So did the audience I saw it with -- full theater for the midnight Tuesday show, huge cheer, big laugh. And I don't think anyone missed the R-rated violence in this one -- there's as much brutality as the others, some of it even more unrelenting. I enjoyed it tremendously -- whether it quite belongs in the DIE HARD canon or stretches things -- it was everything SPIDER-MAN should've been, a great summer actioner.

* Provisos: Oddly, there are a couple of distinct 10-second patches where the looping is out of synch, very strange. And Tim Olyphant does take some getting used to as an evil genius. An evil genius with incredibly white teeth and one heck of an orthodontist. There's also about 30 seconds of sappy "why this matters" dialogue between Bruce Willis and Justin Long I could've done without. Still, great fun.

Comment

Watched it last night. Liked it. It's got plot problems and the bad guy was dreadful, but Bruce Willis was excellent. The action was phenomenal, a good example of amping up the action every 20 minutes.

The bad guys in the first film had some depth, every kill was personal, not in this one. They are just token bad guys.
        "What's worse than being talked about? Not being talked about."

Comment

The worst thing about this film was that John McClane wasn't in it. Some metrosexual was playing his part. Like the second film it is conceptually floored and I didn't enjoy it at all... at all! Way to ***gy, hollow and flashy for my tastes.

I like my action hard.

Comment

Diehard 2 was a waste of time.
            "There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you."
            -Maya Angelou

Comment

Originally posted by ShaneBlackFan View Post
              The bad guys in the first film had some depth, every kill was personal, not in this one. They are just token bad guys.
              Everyone should keep this in mind when writing in any genre.

As Bill says, films are emotion pictures.

If the hero doesn't care, why should I? I'm living vicariously through him or her, right? So you hurt my hero at home, you hurt me. Then I'm no longer a bystander. I'm involved.

Originally posted by WriteByNight View Post
              Diehard 2 was a waste of time.
              I try to ignore it.

Comment

Working...
              X