Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Box Office Shocker -- Fast Kills Adventureland

All this talk of fries and fried chicken is making me hungry.

Comment

Re: Fast and Furious - I'm Curious

Originally posted by Biohazard View Post
      You mean from like 15+ years ago?

Those were the best fries ever. Hands down.

The potato slabs they have now just aren't the same.
      In the 70s McDonalds ruled the world with their fries cooked in beet fat. NOBODY has ever come close since...
      "It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived." - General George S. Patton, Jr.

Comment

The Fried and The F--- Never mind.

I like my fries fat with the ridges on 'em. Feed me a plate of those and I'll turn into one.
        sigpic

"I'm gonna run ya ragged!"

"YEE HAWWW!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by wcmartell View Post
          I'd kinda like to know *why* F&F was stupid. Nobody has actually explained what the problems were, yet.

- Bill
          As far as I can tell, the main reason it's stupid is because it's doing better BO than Adventureland.

Stupid, stupid reality.
          "Forget it, Jake. It's Hollywood."

My YouTube channel.

Comment

its box office bonanza gives credence to the fact that any genre, any type of film can "make it," so go write your movies and not worry about pigeonholing yourselves into a what's popular now corner... you just never know
            "you have to write right, right?" -- Todd Gordon

Comment

Well intended, MQ. If only scripts sold for peanuts, more folks would take your advice. The money potential throws writers off track from time to time. Most will not admit it. It will force some to dilute honesty with guess work.

For scribes like Diablo and Nia, it was a win win. They won before the finished product came out because they wrote from The Gut.
              "I ask every producer I meet if they need TV specs they say yeah. They all want a 40 inch display that's 1080p and 120Hz. So, I quit my job at the West Hollywood Best Buy."
              - Screenwriting Friend

Comment

It's stupid because

* It's a pointless moneymaking exercise... other than making money.

* It doesn't intellectually challenge the viewer... more escapist bull****!

* It's a commercial film with no artistic merits outside of pulp or exploitation realms.

* It panders to deprived hot heads and doesn't seek to teach them the errors of their ways.

* They kill a babe who is a competent actor over Vin Diesel and Paul Walker!

* They kill a babe who is a competent actor over Vin Diesel and Paul Walker!!

* They kill a babe who is a competent actor over Vin Diesel and Paul Walker!!!

Comment

Originally posted by wcmartell View Post
                  I'd kinda like to know *why* F&F was stupid. Nobody has actually explained what the problems were, yet.

- Bill
                  It's going to inspire yet another generation of retards to rice out their Honda Civics and race around Taco Bell at two in the morning.

Comment

Working...
                  X