Coolest bunch of warriors / fighters / bad asses?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Coolest bunch of warriors / fighters / bad asses?

Originally posted by entlassen View Post
    The 100 or so British soldiers at Rourke's Drift in Zulu, facing off against 4,000 African warriors. All the more badass because that actually happened...and unlike the Spartans at Thermopylae, they actually won.
    I agree. I found the film's depiction of them quite effective, especially with the character of the colour sergeant keeping the soldiers disciplined. One gets so used to seeing British redcoats made out as villains and/or losers in Hollywood films, with the British formations presented as liabilities in the face of guerrilla warfar, that it's a refreshing change to see the redcoats presented as an effective fighting force.

- - - -

In keeping with the O.P.'s request for warrior groups that have a more-or-less uniform look, I would add the Myrmidons, Achilles's warriors, in another film that I consider terribly under-appreciated, Troy.

These were the first ancient Greek warriors that I had ever seen in a film that made me believe that they were an authentic fighting unit, and not just a group of actors wearing rented costumes, as in old Hollywood sword-and-sandals films from the '30s to the '60s. The helmets, the shields, the spears, the armor, all had a "used universe" look that suggested authenticity, yet at the same time the dark metal looked intimidating.

Comment

Re: Coolest bunch of warriors / fighters / bad asses?

There have already been some excellent cinematic examples given here, so how about some badasses from TV?

BREAKING BAD

Gustavo Fring, Mike Ehrmantraut, and Jesse Pinkman in their business trip over the border. Of course, Walter White, Jesse, and Mike make up a pretty bad ass team too. Oh, and don't forget crazy Tuco and his two silent but psychotically deadly twin cousins.

ROME

Lucius Vorenus and Titus Pullo.

GAME OF THRONES

Tyrion Lannister, The Hound, and Bronn during the battle of Blackwater Bay.

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA

Bill "Husker" Adama, Col. Tigh, Starbuck, Apollo... ah hell, pretty much the whole damn crew of the Galactica, except for Gaius Baltar. "So say we all."

Comment

Working...
      X