No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Biggest "I blew it" moment...?

Originally posted by Bono View Post
    You misread me. I wanted Utopia Star Trek growing up but now today in 2019 I'd settle to be able to feel 100% safe at a movie theater (any place like it) again. Which isn't how I feel these days because of what happened during Dark Knight. What happens at places that should be escapes from violence.
    I get it. But we can't allow fear to run our lives. These mass shooters are terrorists, and that's what they want. And we can't let the terrorists win.

We can do whatever we can to get politicians who will pass gun reform elected. And that means two things: 1) Doing whatever we can to motivate people who support those politicians to vote. And 2) Doing whatever we can to convince people who don't support those politicians to change their mind, because their lives and the lives of their families literally depend on it.

I understand why you might need to take a break from here; self-care is important. If you ever need to chat about something, don't be afraid to shoot me a DM.
    "I love being a writer. What I can't stand is the paperwork.-- Peter De Vries

Comment

Originally posted by Friday View Post
      the gun lobby is too strong. That's the problem. Obviously if those massive assault rifles weren't available, losers wouldn't be able to mow down a bunch of innocent people. The people that can actually do something about it are in the pockets of the gun lobby. They'll deflect whenever you bring up the subject and just send their empty "thoughts and prayers." It seems to be almost a daily occurrence now. I recall we just had another massive one recently.
      a lot more handguns are involved in homicides than assault rifles every year in America. there are several issues: back ground checks, purchasing loopholes and illegal weapons, to name a few. people that shouldn't have guns can obtain them in several ways.

the FBI statistics show that 65% of the homicides on the US were by hand guns while 3.4% were assault rifles in 2016. who has handguns is a huge problem.

https://www.dailypress.com/news/crim...312-story.html

someone needs to step up and make a difference. our leadership are a bunch of spineless, pansy-ass talking heads.

let me tell you, when you see regular citizen with a holstered GLOCK on his waistband, it stops you-- all you want to do is get away from that person. because there's something wrong with you if you think you need to walk around with a semi-automatic 9 mm pistol. it isn't about whether you have a right to bear arms, THAT is about intimidation.
      "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy b/c you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." -- Edward Snowden

Comment

I wish you all well. I'm going to leave this site for a little bit and maybe I'll come back, but I doubt it.
        Seriously, dude? Right when I come back you leave? That's a bummer, I've been enjoying your posts. But, do what's best for you. Hate to see you go. Asking you to reconsider, but as always, do you, bruh!

I've enjoyed the convos...

Be well, brother!

GGXXX
        Bruh, fukkin *smooches*! Feel me? Ha!

Comment

Wow, that was a long break. I'm back, baby.

Seriously, I realize now that the context of this thread and my post didn't line up. I wasn't running away because of guns or being unable to handle it. I was saying maybe I shouldn't spend so much time on a message board when life is so short. Maybe I should write something instead of talking about writing. That's what I meant, I just didn't' explain it well.

I just spent 3 hours at a music /arts festival outside with the family because I still believe deep down inside in the Star Trek future. Again like Kirk taught me, I don't believe in the no win scenario.

But let's all go outside, write more and hug our friends more.

Comment

Seriously, I realize now that the context of this thread and my post didn't line up. I wasn't running away because of guns or being unable to handle it. I was saying maybe I shouldn't spend so much time on a message board when life is so short. Maybe I should write something instead of talking about writing. That's what I meant, I just didn't' explain it well.

I just spent 3 hours at a music /arts festival outside with the family because I still believe deep down inside in the Star Trek future. Again like Kirk taught me, I don't believe in the no win scenario.

You do realize, I hope, that Star Trek is based in a future fascist world where the main ship the Enterprise, which is supposed to be an exploration ship is armed and armoured to the gills. To the fucking gills. Even modern day military recon ( exploration ) vessels aren't armed. Their headquarters is "Star Fleet Command". I don't about you but "Department of Defense" which is extremely fascist, at least sounds more benign.
            Free Script Reads and Notes

​
            ​

Comment

And I'm on another break... Thanks, Mark!

Comment

Lol.

On a side note I wish you all well and I hope someday (perhaps when we are no longer human) that things will be better.

Comment

Early on, a producer mailed me (this was the olden days) 3 pages of notes from him on an A/A I'd sent him. Did I thank him and really look at what his notes talked about? NOOOOOOOOOOO! I thought to myself, "He hates it and doesn't get my script. What a waste of time!" and never replied back to him.
                  The guy sent me THREE PAGES of unsolicited notes and I blew him off due to my ego! O Watta Goo Siam! Thankfully, I took a long hiatus from writing while I raised kids and grew up myself.

Comment

Me: *hugs bono*

you're welcome.
                    "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy b/c you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." -- Edward Snowden

Comment

Hear, hear.
                      "I love being a writer. What I can't stand is the paperwork.-- Peter De Vries

Comment

Originally posted by DangoForth View Post
                        Early on, a producer mailed me (this was the olden days) 3 pages of notes from him on an A/A I'd sent him. Did I thank him and really look at what his notes talked about? NOOOOOOOOOOO! I thought to myself, "He hates it and doesn't get my script. What a waste of time!" and never replied back to him.
                        The guy sent me THREE PAGES of unsolicited notes and I blew him off due to my ego! O Watta Goo Siam! Thankfully, I took a long hiatus from writing while I raised kids and grew up myself.
                        Those moments we wish we could take back, but learn a hell of a lot from!

Comment

This is just my impression from reading the biographies of successful writer & directors and listening to their interviews....seems like there's a lot of false starts and disappointments along the way. Maybe, someone will know more than me on this. I get the feeling I'm going to have to brace myself for a bumpy ride.

Comment

Originally posted by Friday View Post
                            This is just my impression from reading the biographies of successful writer & directors and listening to their interviews....seems like there's a lot of false starts and disappointments along the way. Maybe, someone will know more than me on this. I get the feeling I'm going to have to brace myself for a bumpy ride.
                            It's likely gonna be hella bumpy... I've had, what, half a million false starts? My story is the story of DON'T DO ANY OF THIS SH!T. I'm definitely not trying to posture as some big shot, I just know some **** by getting my ass rag-dolled by this lovely industry (picture a pit bull in destroy mode ripping flesh from bone wearing cute little pink doggy clothes -- That's Hollywood. Hella misleading!).

Buckle up! Then go at these people HARD! IMO

Good luck!

Ps... The ONLY time I'm nervous in this industry is when I get notes (I get real quiet on the phone). I don't get insecure any other time. I don't get star struck over anyone. I'm not afraid to call anyone nor meet with anyone. Not because I'm anyone, I'm not. But, I think you have no chance in this industry unless you can get your head in the right headspace, so to speak. Took me a long time. Now I just need some meetings. LOL. I love meetings. I make certain people have a good time!

Comment

Originally posted by GucciGhostXXX View Post
                              It's likely gonna be hella bumpy... I've had, what, half a million false starts? My story is the story of DON'T DO ANY OF THIS SH!T. I'm definitely not trying to posture as some big shot, I just know some **** by getting my ass rag-dolled by this lovely industry (picture a pit bull in destroy mode ripping flesh from bone wearing cute little pink doggy clothes -- That's Hollywood. Hella misleading!).

Buckle up! Then go at these people HARD! IMO

Good luck!

Ps... The ONLY time I'm nervous in this industry is when I get notes (I get real quiet on the phone). I don't get insecure any other time. I don't get star struck over anyone. I'm not afraid to call anyone nor meet with anyone. Not because I'm anyone, I'm not. But, I think you have no chance in this industry unless you can get your head in the right headspace, so to speak. Took me a long time. Now I just need some meetings. LOL. I love meetings. I make certain people have a good time!

I wouldn't beat yourself up too much. Sounds like you at least were let into the gate - something 99% never get to see.

Well, I don't know. I'm pretty stupid and do not learn from my mistakes. The only thing I have going for me is my ambition and constantly doubling down, tripling down. Popcorn?

Comment

Working...
                              X