Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lost in Translation

See, cool guys are going out drinkin. I don't want to be a frat boy, but man I need a drink. Too bad I still don't like this movie, guess I drink alone tonight.

Comment

I'm not much of a drinker, as a rule, but I do enjoy the taste of a smooth bourbon occasionally...straight up. As for getting screenwriting feedback on the internet from complete strangers who are for the most part clueless, well, as soon as I meet some, I'll be sure and let them know.

Comment

What's not to get. Simply didn't like it.
        Sorry, I misread your post as saying you didn't get it rather than "It's not that I didn't get it."

"Didn't like it" is fine, too.

It's only stuff like suggesting the title triggers a narcoleptic response in you that gets you hyperbole in return.

Comment

It wasn't bad for a Wong Kar-Wai rip off.
          NoTalent, have you met Biohazard?

Comment

JarJar, I just laid in a supply of 40 good but cheap cigars, which came with another 10 free ones. They'll need some time in the humidor before they're worth sharing, though.

Comment

Hairy: "Oh, I drink."

I'd better go, too. Last time I drank with Hairy we had a hell of a time running him down on Second Avenue, then getting him dressed, putting him in a cab, paying off the old folks he lashed out at. It was sad. Very sad. He's really a nice guy early in the day.

Comment

What happened to, "What happens in the Village stays in the Village", Jake?
                http://confoundedfilms.com

http://www.myspace.com/confoundedfilms

Comment

Oh, right. I forgot. That wasn't the incident in Murray Hill, was it.

Comment

Amazing, isn't it, that a two year old movie can still generate six page threads. Says something about it.

After all the negative feedback from DD two years ago I didn't even bother going to see it. My bad. Saw it on DVD a year ago, and was blown away. It's a brilliantly observed study of alienation. Having lived overseas there were so many ah'ha! moments, particularly the mistranslation with the Japanese director and the 'lip my tights' scene. Hysterical. I lived in northern China over 20 years ago, before China opened up to the West, and I know what alienation feels like. LIT perfectly captured the pain and the humour.

Cornelius.

Comment

Working...
                    X