X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: United 93: Based on 9/11

Some United 93 trivia:

It will open the Tribeca Film Festival on April 25th. However, it will only be screened for the press and families of flight 93 victims and studio people.

Universal is going to donate 10% of the opening weekends gross to the Flight 93 Memorial Fund.

I think this movie will do pretty well. I just hope they don't do The Perfect Storm opening, where all the doomed characters are shown to be flawed people just on the verge of turning their lives around.

Also curious about the ending. It is known that the passengers were never able to get the cockpit door open, and that the hijackers either intentionally crashed it or were shot down. However, a heroic struggle over the controls seems the most *Hollywood*, so I wonder if they'll take the dramatic license.

Comment

Re: United 93: Based on 9/11

I am going to ask that this thread be allowed to slip off the page out of respect to a few of our members that lost close friends in the tragedy of 9/11. I am trying not to appear heavyhanded, as so many people here seem to believe we caretakers of the board have a political agenda when we do not. I am trying to respect the sensibilities of our Done Deal family. Yes, I have been approached by those affected.

So, please, no more posts here and no new threads. Thank you.
      We're making a movie here, not a film! - Kit Ramsey

Comment

Working...
      X