Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iron Man

Robert Downey Jr. is set to star in his first big-budget action movie - the comic book adaptation "Iron Man". Jon Favreau is directing the movie, which will be distributed by Paramount Pictures in May 2008 reports the trades.

Darkhorizons.com

I just don't see Donwney Jr in that role.
    A talent for drama is not a talent for writing, but is an ability to articulate human relationships.
    Gore Vidal

"Aisatsu Yori Ensatsu"
    Money is better than compliments.

Re: Iron Man

well at least he wont have to act. he can just show up to work drunk for the role.

horrible choice if this is true.

Comment

I think Downey's a very good actor. And why wouldn't he need to act in this movie?

Censorship reflects a society's lack of confidence in itself.
      It is a hallmark of an authoritarian regime.
      -- Potter Stewart

Comment

Originally posted by haunted View Post
        I think Downey's a very good actor. And why wouldn't he need to act in this movie?
        Because he, like the Tony Stark (I think) character, has a substance abuse problem.

Comment

I normally agree with Qaz, but I like Robert Downey Jr.

He'll have to sport a moustache, but he can do this role. Should be a cool flick.
          sigpic

Comment

the thing is stark, much like bruce wayne, embodies charisma and class.

i dont see that in downey jr at all.

stark is an alcoholic, but that doesnt mean he needs to played by one.

we'll see, i suppose. i like downey jr. for some roles, but his mumbling wont really work in this one. i feel he'll just go the route of the "Eccentric" genius and fail w/ the playboy, fun aspect of him.

Comment

Oddly enough, I can see him in the role or the Ed Quinn who plays Stark on Eureka.
              R.K. Bentley
              My Blog, My Design Studio
              "Little hand says it's time to rock an' roll." - Hot Fuzz.

Comment

I think Iron Man is going to tank no matter who wears the silly metal outfit.

Comment

I like the casting - much better than Nic Cage.
                  Half a bubble off level... systems normal.

Comment

I've seen some early 3d concepts of the armor. They weren't horrible, but not great.

I love Downy, Jr. He's one of my faves, but I have trouble seeing him as Tony Stark.

Comment

I'm hoping they go with the design from a few years ago. The newer high tech version recently lacks character.
                      Half a bubble off level... systems normal.

Comment

Doesn't the new suit have a chevron on the chest that's shaped exactly like Superman's insignia? I wonder if a studio lawyer would let that pass.

Ever since the 1989 Batman, I don't spend much time worrying about the casting of a comic book movie. Keaton really proved that the most unlikely star can work as a superhero if he can act and if the script is good.

-- Potter Stewart

Comment

I just don't think Ironman has the built in audience.

Superman is an American institution. Batman, Spiderman, and the X-men might not be as widely known as Sups, but they still have gigantic audiences that transcend your typical comic book fans.

But really any hero outside of that is sort of suspect when it comes to movies. Hulk didn't do so hot, and don't even get me started about Catwoman... (typing that actually made me throw up in my mouth a bit).

The Flash had a series in the 90s that I thought was cool, but it still didn't last. Ironman doesn't have much of a shot in my opinion.

Of course, it could be made a hit by confused Ozzy Osbourn fans.
                          Goonies never say die!

Comment

Downey's a good actor, Favreau did a good job directing Elf and Made; I'm keeping an open mind about this one.

Originally posted by earlyman75 View Post
                            Superman is an American institution.
                            I think you mean North American institution, since Superman was co-created by artist Joe Shuster, a Canadian.

Comment

That explains the bit aboot "Truth, Justice, and the Canadian Way."

-- Potter Stewart

Comment

Working...
                              X