Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Star Trek trailer

I'm really surprised they showed this trailer on Sarah Connor Chronicles last night -- it's five months away!

Comment

Oh no... the villain is another badass with a bald head holding a sceptre, with retractable blades no less. I presume it's the new Gillette Mach 5 Turbo that he uses for shaving his head-product placement is killing the moviegoing experience!!!

Star Trek is supposed to be about exploring new worlds, new species... we should be seeing something we haven't seen before.

Comment

Looks pointless to me. I don't need to know the origins of Kirk and co. Some things should be left to our imaginations.
        "What's worse than being talked about? Not being talked about."

Comment

Originally posted by RKBentley View Post
          Nothing can even come close to disasters of Ep 1-3, Dpat, nothing.
          I'd like to offer into evidence Highlander 2 and Highlander: The Source.
          "Tact's just 'not saying true stuff.' " - Cordelia Chase

Comment

Meh. No interest. Looks like it's trying to be like something else that's great instead of being great for itself. I'll take a pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Optimus View Post
              I'd like to offer into evidence Highlander 2 and Highlander: The Source.
              I would not say such things if I were you!

Comment

Originally posted by GreatOz View Post
                I'm really surprised they showed this trailer on Sarah Connor Chronicles last night -- it's five months away!
                See, the same peeps still watching SCC are the same ones trying to ignore T3 and wash ep 1-3 out of their minds, the same ones who wish after ST: VIII the movies continued to be good, the same ones who ask every morning just wiskey, tango, frack happened with Enterprise and we're the same ones who all knew Han Shot First.

They showed the trailer during Fringe as well, no surprise at all, really.

Now, as for even bringin' up Highlander 2 the Sickenin', I think we can all agree never to make mention of that movie again.
                R.K. Bentley
                My Blog, My Design Studio
                "Little hand says it's time to rock an' roll." - Hot Fuzz.

Comment

Highlander: The Source was even worse.

As for ST, I'm pretty pumped to see this. I don't really like the look of the "Apple Store" bridge as it's been called...I think it's too bright and not military enough. But, it does look like it might be a pretty good popcorn flick...which is something the ST movies have lacked since First Contact.

Of course, I doubt it'll come close to the awesomeness that was Meyer's "Wrath of Khan." But, it might rank up there with VI or VIII.
                  "Tact's just 'not saying true stuff.' " - Cordelia Chase

Comment

Looks pretty frickin' badass.

90210 in space? Don't think so.

We'll see.

While we're on the subject of sci-fi, I hope James Cameron releases an Avatar teaser sometime soon.
                    @TerranceMulloy

Comment

Originally posted by writerly

could u please translate into fangirl-speak? thanku.

I mean, let's see, hmmmm I get "frack" and BSG but are you dissing SCC? Because it's TOTAL AWESOMENESS imho!

Not dissing SCC in the least, in fact I hope it survives when it's moved to the Friday Night Deathslot with Dollhouse.

The original question ask was why show the trailer during SCC. I was trying show some cross pollination of fanboys but it kinda got lost...

As for the translation: I meant the same fans who are watching SCC are the same fans who liked T1/T2 hated T3, loved ST 2,3,4,6,8 (give or take) hated ST 1, 5, 7, 9, 10, hated EP 1, 2, 3 and hated the SE of EP 4, 5, 6, especially 4 since Greedo shoots first instead of Han as it was meant to be...
                      R.K. Bentley
                      My Blog, My Design Studio
                      "Little hand says it's time to rock an' roll." - Hot Fuzz.

Comment

This look great. I'm really looking forward to this. I'm a fan of JJ Abrams' directing.

Comment

Kirk's Response to the new Star Trek Trailer
                          @TerranceMulloy

Comment

Never got Star Trek, it's not good sci-fi, it's not cool, it's not funny, it just seems really vapid.

What's worse, like some bad movie villain, it just refuses to die.

To think of all the good sci-fi tales that go unfilmed while this stuff gets reheated again and again.

Having said that, credit to JJ for trying to make this look appealing, from the young cast to the Apple Store interior of the Enterprise the look is in the right direction. Still the silly baddie seems to suggest the script is a snore, so all in all, one to catch on Blu ray methinks.

Comment

Working...
                            X