Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rambo 5

"The upcoming project's storyline revolves around Rambo fighting his way through human traffickers and drug lords to rescue a young girl abducted near the U.S.-Mexico border. Production will start in the spring."

Anyone else think it sounds like a blatant rip-off of TAKEN?
    NOTES / COVERAGE
    15,000+ Screenplays
    [email protected]

Re: Rambo 5

Originally posted by EvilRbt View Post
    "The upcoming project's storyline revolves around Rambo fighting his way through human traffickers and drug lords to rescue a young girl abducted near the U.S.-Mexico border. Production will start in the spring."

Yes, but this will be rated R. Huge difference.
    "There's one way to guarantee something won't be in the movie: put it in the screenplay."
    -Dan O'Bannon

Comment

Originally posted by EvilRbt View Post

Yes, but it's also pulled from current headlines. With the "war" being waged in many border towns and their propensity of the drug lords to use kidnapping as a weapon, it may be unfair to assume it's a rip-off.
      If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.
      Dave Barry

Comment

Hell no -- every action film is a blatant rip off of a Stallone film.

I love Rocky and I love Rambo. Last one was fantastic. Bring it on!

And there's about 100 movies with that exact same plot. It's not the plot, but the character of John Rambo.

Comment

Listen, as long as it's not set in the jungle again I'll check it out. A mix of TAKEN and MAN ON FIRE might actually be pretty cool.
          NOTES / COVERAGE
          15,000+ Screenplays
          [email protected]

Comment

I like the idea of putting Rambo is an urban setting and seeing what he could do. The scenes in town in the first Rambo were fleeting, but very good.
            Half a bubble off level... systems normal.

Comment

Originally posted by ViningWolff View Post
              I like the idea of putting Rambo is an urban setting and seeing what he could do. The scenes in town in the first Rambo were fleeting, but very good.
              Oooo...Rambo hunting down killers in New York! Now that would be fun.
              If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.
              Dave Barry

Comment

Originally posted by ViningWolff View Post
                Definitely. I always wanted to see John Rambo return to "civilization" and do a gritty, Charles Bronson type movie in an urban setting. That'd be great.
                "People spend so much time focusing on rescuing the princess, they forget how much fun it is to fight the dragon."
                - Simon Pegg & Nick Frost, DAVE

Comment

Originally posted by Centurio View Post
                  Yes, but it's also pulled from current headlines. With the "war" being waged in many border towns and their propensity of the drug lords to use kidnapping as a weapon, it may be unfair to assume it's a rip-off.

Indeed, Mexican cartel violence touched an acquaintance of mine this year.

Shameful that this is so topical... but kidnapping remains big business in Mexico and it is starting to creep into the USA.

Comment

Originally posted by Bono View Post
                    Hell no -- every action film is a blatant rip off of a Stallone film.

I love Rocky and I love Rambo. Last one was fantastic. Bring it on!

And there's about 100 movies with that exact same plot. It's not the plot, but the character of John Rambo.

Except no COBRA. I didn't think that one was very good. The bad guys were too silly.

Comment

Anyone ever read WITHOUT REMORSE by Tom Clancy? It's been stuck in development hell for over a decade. That novel could be a great source for an urban Rambo...
                      NOTES / COVERAGE
                      15,000+ Screenplays
                      [email protected]

Comment

I thought TAKEN sucked big time.

Comment

Originally posted by Rantanplan View Post
                          I thought TAKEN sucked big time.
                          Sadly, there are too few decent action movies these days. Most are far too cartoonish to take seriously.
                          NOTES / COVERAGE
                          15,000+ Screenplays
                          [email protected]

Comment

Hell yes!

This and the Expendables.

Comment

Originally posted by doubler83 View Post
                              Hell yes!

This and the Expendables.