No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Concept images of Thor

Originally posted by Qazworld View Post
    what are you talking about? it was the character.
    Asgard was in freaking Oklahoma.

It was nowhere near the basic core concept that you would want to see in an adaptation. After 600+ issues, you can stray from the fundamentals. But you don't start out that way as the introduction of the character.

Comment

I don't think we can jump to any conclusions about the finished product based on this picture. Can't compare a Photoshop job to the real costume in proper lighting. Once upon a time this would have been a picture drawn on paper by an artist. Now it's the creation of someone with cut and paste skills and a wacom pad.

Comment

You can draw a couple of valid conclusions.

For one, you can note that in spite of the fact that Captain America and Thor are allegedly two different productions with two different sets of filmmakers making two different movies, Marvel put out concept images for both of them on the same day, with the same style, by the same artist. So it would appear that they're less into the idea of making a Captain America movie and a Thor movie than they are with this stupid Avengers branding exercise.

You can also conclude pretty easily that the design here has less to do with any decisions by the filmmakers based on what is best for the world they're building (or not being allowed to built) than it does with assuring that Thor will fit into the world of Iron Man with the visual style established in Iron Man.

Comment

Originally posted by Sinnycal View Post
          For one, you can note that in spite of the fact that Captain America and Thor are allegedly two different productions with two different sets of filmmakers making two different movies, Marvel put out concept images for both of them on the same day, with the same style, by the same artist. So it would appear that they're less into the idea of making a Captain America movie and a Thor movie than they are with this stupid Avengers branding exercise.
          Or you could conclude that one rogue artist is gonna get fired for sending his work to his friends. Either way you gotta jump to reach these conclusions.

Comment

You believe it's a coincidence that concept art for Thor and Captain America was revealed on the same day with the same exact style and the same artist?

Comment

Asgard was in freaking Oklahoma.

It was nowhere near the basic core concept that you would want to see in an adaptation. After 600+ issues, you can stray from the fundamentals. But you don't start out that way as the introduction of the character.
              oh, that.

i guess you're right, but i never really liked mainstream Thor until JMS came along. if they have him abandoned on earth, then i would prefer the ultimate version hands down. a big, possibly schizo hippie with god-like powers? that'd rock on the big screen.

Comment

I'd rather just see them adapt their characters who are best suited to adaptation, rather than targeting the "big name" characters in the hopes of crafting their stupid movie universe idea.

Comment

You believe it's a coincidence that concept art for Thor and Captain America was revealed on the same day with the same exact style and the same artist?
                  Wait... I don't think Marvel released these, weren't they were leaked?

Comment

Originally posted by Slappynipsy View Post
                    Wait... I don't think Marvel released these, weren't they were leaked?
                    Don't these kind of images/ spoilers always have a way of "leaking" just when the studio thinks it's the right time to do so publicity-wise?

Comment

Sometimes it's a planned thing, yes. Studios leak fake casting rumors all the time to test the waters for fan approval, especially with comic book movies. However since these pictures look like sh!t I'd be more inclined to assume this time it's just a casualty of the information age. If dozens or hundreds of people have access to pictures like these because the movie is in production, leaks happen easily. That's why we can't really jump to any conclusions. That first photo of Thor they released looked pretty cool in my opinion, because it was an official release and obviously not the end result of twenty minutes and a copy of Photoshop. If it was a planned leak, then I guess Marvel are idiots who signed off on shoddy workmanship. (Please no IRON MAN 2 jokes)

Comment

http://www.collider.com/wp-content/u...msworth_01.jpg

If this is the Thor "Asthetic", it's obviously high time the WWE got involved.

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__...-Chrisjer1.jpg
                        Frustrated? Click here for help:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning...3Kruger_effect

Comment

I'd rather just see them adapt their characters who are best suited to adaptation, rather than targeting the "big name" characters in the hopes of crafting their stupid movie universe idea.
                          i agree. the whole avengers movie idea seems awful really.

and i HATE who they have for cap. they "leaked" the costume for him, as well:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/45326

suspenders.

nuff said.

Comment

Yeah...I'm not a fan of the suspenders, either.

Makes it look like Cap should be at a desk shouting, "Cedar Rapids, Iowa, hello!"
                            "Tact's just 'not saying true stuff.' " - Cordelia Chase

Comment

A guy in a cape and another guy in suspenders. WTF. This as got to be some kind of internet joke.

The cape is gay. The suspenders are stupid.
                              TRIAL FORUMS

Comment

Calling them suspenders is sort of off... they're obviously based on the tactical chest rig (or whatever mouthful of random words the military/cops would call 'em). So the dude can gear up as he goes along.

Still looks silly, though.
                                "Forget it, Jake. It's Hollywood."

My YouTube channel.

Comment

Working...
                                X