Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Predators

Going to a preview screening tonight, really looking forward to it. Most reviews so far have been just above average which is slightly disappointing but not unexpected. I was able to enjoy both AvP movies, more so Requiem than the first, and obviously the originals, so I will probably come away liking this.

Besides.. Walton Goggins and Danny Trejo??

Re: Predators

Wait...you actually like Requiem?

I'm a die-hard Alien & Predator fan, but that was the worst movie of all! Worse than Alien Resurrection. Wait, please don't tell me that's your favorite Alien movie...
    Looking to take the "Bono" off my screenname.

Comment

Originally posted by ProBono Writer View Post
      Wait...you actually like Requiem?

I'm a die-hard Alien & Predator fan, but that was the worst movie of all! Worse than Alien Resurrection. Wait, please don't tell me that's your favorite Alien movie...
      I think I enjoyed Requiem because it was better than AvP.. in the sense that the Aliens actually fought the Predators for more than 10 minutes and the action was better. I even had no problem with the small town setting.. and the start was fantastic.. a ten year old kid being owned by a face hugger?? Hell yes. Yes, it was a bad movie, but I enjoyed it enough to purchase the DVD for second viewing.

Hey, I like Resurrection aswell. Absolutely loved the set design and overall setting. The ending and the alien new breed baby thing really ruined it.

Don't get me wrong, they aren't my favourite of the series, far from it. I just don't hate them or even dislike them as much as others.. maybe I am just easily pleased.

More controversially, I cannot pick between Predator or Predator 2 as my favourite in that particular franchise.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesNI View Post
        Going to a preview screening tonight, really looking forward to it. Most reviews so far have been just above average which is slightly disappointing but not unexpected. I was able to enjoy both AvP movies, more so Requiem than the first, and obviously the originals, so I will probably come away liking this.

Agreed. Walton Goggins really made The Shield...even though he did what he did to Lem

Comment

Originally posted by one seven spectrum View Post
          Agreed. Walton Goggins really made The Shield...even though he did what he did to Lem
          Definitely, but that episode alone was epic television.

Comment

Goggins is a great guy and should be a big star. He may get there.

Comment

Originally posted by SBScript View Post
              Goggins is a great guy and should be a big star. He may get there.
              Although I think landing a supporting role with Stone Cold Steve Austin in Damage isn't going to help!

Comment

Don't get me wrong, they aren't my favourite of the series, far from it. I just don't hate them or even dislike them as much as others.. maybe I am just easily pleased.
                I was severely displeased with both Resurrection and Requiem (maybe 'R' sequels are a bad sign?). I wish they didn't exist.

IMO, each successive movie is worse in each series, ie:

Predator>Predator 2
                AVP>AVP:R
                Alien>Aliens>Alien3>Alien Resurrection

But who knows? Maybe Predators will break the trend?

Comment

Alien: Resurrection deserves some love due to the crew of the Betty being the precursor to the crew of Serenity.

I'd profess loud and open love for ISHTAR if I thought it had a hand in giving us FIREFLY.

Really looking forward to PREDATORS. My only misgiving is that it feels "small" from the trailers. I hope I'm wrong.

PREDATOR 2 was pretty good I thought, but the first is best.

If they had used the Dark Horse Comics story for AVP... wow. I liked the protag in AVP, but she's no Machiko Noguchi.

Comment

This opened in the UK today...

I'd lower your hopes - I found this average at best.

And the climax below average

Comment

yawn. looks beat for beat exactly like the original but without the same quality of actors in the roles. they shouldve done an update karate kid style that made it different.

Comment

Yeah... i really don't know how to feel about Predators. Just back from the cinema and I have mixed feelings. Half of me wants to like it, the other half.. not so much.

Won't spoil anything, but it has led me to the conclussion that nothing new can come out of the Predator franchise.

I guess Inception is going to have to give me my much needed yearly boost of sci-fi cinema.

Comment

Huh, reviews so far have been pretty negative. Sucks, I liked Antal's first movie Kontroll a lot and I like both the original Predator films...

Comment

Honestly though, I should have seen this coming. I tried to watch Armored once.. and I think I switched it off 30mins into it.. and can barely remember those first 30 mintues either.

Comment

nothing new can come out of the Predator franchise.
                              Not true. I've got plenty to revitalize the series. I'm just waiting for them to come calling.

Comment

Working...
                              X