Chloƫ Grace Moretz
    Gerard Butler
    Seann William Scott
    Johnny Knoxville
    Halle Berry
    Stephen Merchant (!)
    Nicole 'Snooki' Polizzi (?)
    Terrence Howard

And what kind of budget do you need for a cast list like that?

$6 MILLION !!!!!!!!!!

SIX..... MILLION DOLLARS for the ENTIRE BUDGET.

Someone called in a LOT of favors here. And somehow, even with all that star power, still projected it won't beat Hansel and Gretel.

Proof if proof were needed that Starpower is factoring less and less into audiences decisions on what to go see.

Re: Movie 43- Holy sh- Wha the hell....?

Well, it's Farrelly, so I'm in. Especially over Hansel and Gretel. Especially with a cast like that.

Comment

It's a collection of short, though, isn't it? So each actor only had to do a day or two on set I think. I'm interested to see if this draws an audience, especially after word of mouth gets around.
      Chicks Who Script podcast

Comment

Originally posted by emily blake View Post
        It's a collection of short, though, isn't it? So each actor only had to do a day or two on set I think. I'm interested to see if this draws an audience, especially after word of mouth gets around.
        Good point actually. This has the potential to do that all too rare thing. Hitting #1 at the Box Office on the second week when it missed out on the opening.

As you said, I can see word of mouth spreading with that kind of cast list. But i still would have expected starpower like that to hit #1.

If you factor in every fan of every actor who dedicates themselves to watching everything their favorite actor does, that alone should have boosted takings to top slot.

Time will tell for the second week.

Comment

This article was interesting.

http://www.vulture.com/2013/01/stars-movie-43.html

Follow the link to the NYP article, actually.

Comment

For what it's worth, the red-band trailer always made me laugh.

Comment

Originally posted by MacG View Post
              For what it's worth, the red-band trailer always made me laugh.
              Best trailer I've seen this year, also love the #wtfismovie43 twitter hashtag they're using.
              Script Revolution - A free to use script hosting website that offers screenwriters a platform to promote their scripts and a way for filmmakers to search through them.

Comment

Looks like a steaming pile - and I loved Kentucky (and Amazon Women on the Moon)!

Still, maybe the worst cuts just made the ad', so I'll have to give it the benefit of the doubt, albeit, I'm not a fan of some of the comedic names mentioned - hell, not even those (South Park) who dropped out.

But, I will confess that the whole idea of Clooney telling them to F' off when asked to be in a sketch revealing how Clooney can't get girls, did put a grin on my face.
                So, a joke on their part or is he truly without a sense of humour?
                Cufk, Tish, Sips.

Comment

A few days ago, North Korea's president, Hong Kong Willy, said he plans to launch a nuclear missile on its "arch enemy" America. But we don't have to worry. Just get Kathryn Bigelow and the Marines Corps to dispatch DVD copies of this film to the North Koreans and they'll surrender straight away.

"We got to drop nuke on country make this film? No way! It be waste of nuke."

Comment

I thought they'd soon be bombing South Korea.

Sh1t, what the hell will I do then, when I want to watch a decent action-thriller?
                    Cufk, Tish, Sips.

Comment

Looks way too broad, and, to me, not funny. I'll catch it, but I'll wait for the $2.00 showing.

I do like the bit about the home-schooled kid, and his parents wanting his experience to be just like a regular public school. That's gold, Jerry, GOLD!

The rest of it...eh.

Comment

I understand that all the actors and actresses on that list signed their souls over to the Devil at some point in the past, to get where they are today. MOVIE 43 is the first sure indicator that the Devil is going to collect his due.

"Wha the hell....?" indeed....

Comment

Wellllllllll... guess not...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...=Entertainment

Comment

I don't know if Lou Lumenick's review best describes the absolute awfulness of what spewed out of MOVIE 43's asz, but the line quoted below does set a new standard of grandiose dismissal:

"[I]f you mashed-up the worst parts of the infamous 'Howard the Duck,' 'Gigli,' 'Ishtar' and every other awful movie I’ve seen since I started reviewing professionally in 1981, it wouldn’t begin to approach the sheer soul-sucking badness of the cringe-inducing 'Movie 43,' which has been dumped on an unsuspecting public without advance press screenings." -- Lou Lumenick, New York Post.

Some of the other reviews were even more vehement, but that one is definitely a memorable intro to a memorable put-down...
                            Last edited by Max Otto Schrenck; 01-26-2013, 08:14 PM. Reason: to say it better

Comment

Turns out the UK and US versions have different wraparounds...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pi7ypKqXhb4

...and ouch!

Comment

Working...
                              X