No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prisoners (Trailer)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpXfcTF6iVk

I've been waiting to see this a long time. The script was awesome. Proud of my peeps.

Re: Prisoners (Trailer)

That looks pretty messed up. Not my bag, but the trailer sells it well.
    "Forget it, Jake. It's Hollywood."

My YouTube channel.

Comment

Originally posted by Deion22 View Post
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpXfcTF6iVk

I've been waiting to see this a long time. The script was awesome. Proud of my peeps.
      The script's by Aaron Guzikowski, a NY native, who wrote "Contraband". "Prisoners" was supposed to come out Oct 2010, but all of us know the deal....Creative Screenwriting did an article on him in their Nov/Dec 2009 issue.

This isn't the interview, but a nice Q&A: http://www.limitemagazine.com/2009/0...on-guzikowski/
      Last edited by Madbandit; 05-31-2013, 12:47 PM.
      "A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

"A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

Comment

This looks good and the cast is perfect.
        One must be fearless and tenacious when pursuing their dreams. If you don't, regret will be your reward.

The Fiction Story Room

Comment

So, does it end with Sorry Bro, wrong RV?
          Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue

Comment

Freaking movie trailers. I need to watch the first 30s and bail... perhaps it didn't show too much, but it certainly seemed like it did.

Looks good though.

Comment

I enjoyed the script, read it in one sitting at work.

Comment

I liked the script too. A real page turner. Couldn't go to bed until I finished it.

Trailer looks good. Mind you I imagined some of the characters differently.

Comment

I liked the script as well. Had some weird hiccups but overall did the job. Seeing the flick on Monday. Will let you guys know how it turned out.

Comment

Great film. Even knowing what would happen I was riveted. Pretty much every single little nitpick I had in the script was fixed, just shows how the development process can work to improve a script without taking away any of the things that made it great. Even 95% of the dialogue from the original script made it in (although they dropped Loki's "I don't shake" line which I thought had a nice little payoff later.)

It's long (2.5 hours) but it doesn't feel like it at all.

9 thumbs up.

Comment

Yeah, I loved this movie. A textbook example of perfect pacing. And great performances. I'm officially adding Hugh Jackman to my list of man crushes.

Comment

This was one of the best movies I've seen in a long time. I didn't read the original script like some of you did, but the final cut had to of been awesome because this movie was fantastic. I can't remember the last time a movie lived up to all the hype of the reviews, like this one did.

Comment

I enjoyed this movie but wasn't crazy about the ending. Maybe I would've been better off reading the script because it had too much going on at the end and seemed all over the place.

SPOILER-

I would've had Gyllenhal trust Jackman's instincs and team up with him. Not sure why there wasn't pressure to find Dano's character. They could have used him as collateral with the aunt. I loved the concept of the panicked father holding the abductor.

Comment

There were some choices that didn't make sense from some of the characters for sure.

________SPOILER ALERT____________

If I was the aunt I would have killed that kid the second the other one got loose and put her in the hole.

Comment

Curious to those of you who read the script for this, how many pages was it? I know it was a 2:20 minute movie, but I'm curious how many pages it was exactly.

Comment

Working...
                              X