X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Star Wars: The Force Awakens Poster Is Here

Originally posted by Ronaldinho View Post
    Stop. Please. Just stop.
    Oh calm down, no one is saying it's a terrible film, but I do have concerns about the story and the tone. Obviously the rest looks great, I mean that's a given with JJ. Let's hope he undersells and over delivers here.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Jack Sparrow View Post
      Oh calm down, no one is saying it's a terrible film, but I do have concerns about the story and the tone. Obviously the rest looks great, I mean that's a given with JJ. Let's hope he undersells and over delivers here.
      maybe he was referring to your spoiler? you might hide it better if you mark it with the white color after you say "spoiler", like this: spoiler(highlight text to read): i do agree on your concerns regarding that incident. it feels a bit cheap and sentimental. (End spoiler)

Comment

Originally posted by Bananos View Post
        maybe he was referring to your spoiler? you might hide it better if you mark it with the white color after you say "spoiler", like this: spoiler(highlight text to read): i do agree on your concerns regarding that incident. it feels a bit cheap and sentimental. (End spoiler)
        Well I should say that's speculation rather than a confirmed spoiler in any case, it might not happen (and to be honest, a cool turning of the tables of people's expectations by JJ would be for it not to happen).

I think on the whole they've kept a fairly tight lid on this film and only low level information has leaked. By that I mean we know locations and alike, the first act set up but not the heart of the story, it's sort of like knowing the locations to Empire Strikes Back and trying to figure out what Yoda talks about on Dagobah. I guess that's what this film needs at it's core, those sorts of big ideas and a purpose, something to elevate it beyond being a bubble gum blockbuster like the Star Trek films. I hope Kasdan has that ace under his sleeve. JJ's mystery box, the flashy look of the production, none of that matters if Kasdan hasn't got this right.

So, fingers crossed I guess!

Comment

Has anyone else heard rumours that after 'The Force Awakens', the sequels will be called 'The Force Gets Up For A Piss' and 'The Force Goes Back To Bed'?
          Know this: I'm a lazy amateur, so trust not a word what I write.
          "The ugly can be beautiful. The pretty, never." ~ Oscar Wilde

Comment

Anyone seeing this opening day? Be warned: insane fans bring lightsabers and physically act out the sword fights.
            I'm never wrong. Reality is just stubborn.

Comment

I just want to know if Jar-Jar is in this one. I don't want to waste ten bucks.
              We're making a movie here, not a film! - Kit Ramsey

Comment

Originally posted by billmarq View Post
                I just want to know if Jar-Jar is in this one. I don't want to waste ten bucks.
                Or those damn Ewoks. They might as well have put a sign on their butts: (Buy me at ToysRUs!).
                "I just couldn't live in a world without me."

Comment

Can't be that bad, Kasdan wrote it!
                  I will not fall into despair! I will keep myself hearty, till freedom is opportune!

Comment

95% so far on Rotten Tomatoes. The Star Trek reboot got 93% so it's still wait and see for me. (I thought ST 2009 was un-epic and a structural ripoff of A New Hope.)
                    I'm never wrong. Reality is just stubborn.

Comment

Originally posted by FoxHound View Post
                      I thought ST 2009 was un-epic and a structural ripoff of A New Hope.
                      Reportedly, this film even more so, to the point of it being just a remake, except with DiversityTM.

Fair warning: this is spoilerish:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CWW5yUxVAAUkQco.jpg

Really wasn't impressed by his Star Trek films.

Comment

Originally posted by karsten View Post
                        Reportedly, this film even more so, to the point of it being just a remake, except with DiversityTM.

Fair warning: this is spoilerish:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CWW5yUxVAAUkQco.jpg

Really wasn't impressed by his Star Trek films.
                        Oh, that's disappointing.
                        "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy b/c you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." -- Edward Snowden

Comment

Is it accurate?

Comment

Originally posted by karsten View Post
                            I look at it like this, even if it's structured like A New Hope and is essentially the same story, then chalk it up to a reboot. I just don't want Lucas anywhere near it, and if it's sans all the CG and convoluted story crap he did with 1-3, then this film will be a success for me. I want a fresh start and this seems to be exactly that.

I think JJ played it safe here, keeping to what made the original great. Even though it might turn out to be a carbon copy, is that really so bad? I'm thinking there's a billion wide-eyed kids out there who might get that same feeling I did when I was a tot, realizing I wanted to be a part of that movie-making magic someday.

Also, we're looking at new director's for each of the next two installments, so you'll get your change of direction and plot. JJ is simply establishing the groundwork we all fell in love with in the first place. That's not easy to do for die-hard fans of the saga.

Oh, and the 95RT dropped from a 97RT on opening night, and will most likely settle in around 90, which is still a relief. Now on Sunday when I finally get to see it, I'll determine if it's justified.

Comment

Since this thread was started to discuss the poster, I've moved the various posts/reviews of the actual film to a new thread.

Hopefully this way anyone wanting to avoid reading any reviews or accidentally seeing spoilers can steer clear of those as desired.
                              Will
                              Done Deal Pro
                              www.donedealpro.com

Comment

Working...
                              X