Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure.....

I queried an agent yesterday at a very established agency on the off chance I might get a response. My query letter was for my 2hr pilot film for a series. I put in it basically my "hello", my synopsis, and author bio.

I actually got a response today from him (which surprised me) and it says he wants to take a look but I feel I am reading his short response wrong or something. I am putting it below to see what you all think he means.

To me it sounds like he wants me to get a show runner attached or something? or that before anyone will look at it a show runner has to be involved first. My understanding of a show runner is basically an exec producer who takes control of a property away from the creator/writer.

So I am not sure how to feel about his response but if he wants to give it a read that's cool with me.

Here is his response:

Sadly I have no time to read synopses or bios.
    I just have to be engaged from P.1 to fade out.
    I'll take a look but for a considered series a show runner is necessary.

Re: Not sure.....

My semi-educated guess. A very wordy, roundabout pass.

Not the writer's job to find a Showrunner and this agent knows it.

Comment

Sounds like he wants to pass, but is intrigued by the idea.

What the hell, send it to him. You'll likely not hear back, but you never know.

Comment

Originally posted by docgonzo View Post
        Sounds like he wants to pass, but is intrigued by the idea.

What the hell, send it to him. You'll likely not hear back, but you never know.

I sent it to him....fingers crossed.

Comment

Working...
        X