Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "Dog days of Summer" contest

Hey guys, wanted to say that I don't always participate, but it's great how you keep the contest section going. I'm in for this one. My only question is, does it have to feature a dog?

Comment

Originally posted by Anagram View Post
      Hey guys, wanted to say that I don't always participate, but it's great how you keep the contest section going. I'm in for this one. My only question is, does it have to feature a dog?
      Originally posted by Mark Somers View Post
      Theme is open to the author. No specific scenes need be included. 1 to 8 pages by September 7th. Thanks. Good Luck
      No. "Dog days of Summer" is the title of the writing exercise. Theme is open to the author. Good Luck.
      Dog days of Summer writing contest. Can be 1 to 8 pages long. September 7 is the deadline. That's four weeks. Any genre. Send pdf files to [email protected] Good Luck
      See all above. Apparently, the answer to your question would be no. Write on.
      “Nothing is what rocks dream about” ― Aristotle

Comment

Originally posted by Anagram View Post

Not necessarily a dog, but a near sighted thousand pound hamster with an attitude wielding a Viking battle ax would be fucking awesome.
        TRIAL FORUMS

Comment

/me wonders if anyone has started outlining or writing their script yet.

Counting down, that's... 12 days remaining to deadline?

Comment

If I enter something, it will be a dog...

Comment

Originally posted by dpaterso View Post

I don't outline shorts (well, at least not written/typed in -- maybe in my head, a little).

I've got one in the works, even a couple pages written.

Sorry -- no dogs or even giant Viking hamsters.

I'm no judge of my own stuff, but I think this one is craptastic!
              "I just couldn't live in a world without me."

Comment

I finished mine. No giant hamster, but there's actually something big.
                I'll wait to send until we confirm numbers.
                Minimum of... 6 writers?
                Check out my website with my productions: http://www.picturesplusproductions.com

Comment

I didn't setup a minimum number for entrants when I created this contest.

The addition of the prize, I hoped, would inspire participation. If only one person enters that's ok.
                  TRIAL FORUMS

Comment

The addition of the prize, I hoped, would inspire participation. If only one person enters that's ok.
                    No big deal -- I don't know what I'd do with "another" membership anyway. Oh -- you mean somebody else could win?

Never considered that.
                    "I just couldn't live in a world without me."

Comment

Well, if the contest is on regardless of number of writers then no problem. In the past, the competition was cancelled if there wasn't a minimum number of entries (which is quite annoying when you are one of the submitters).
                      Check out my website with my productions: http://www.picturesplusproductions.com

Comment

Originally posted by StoryWriter View Post
                        No big deal -- I don't know what I'd do with "another" membership anyway.
                        If you win and that's a big IF (see the following) you still get a year subscription added to the subscription you now have.

Originally posted by StoryWriter View Post
                        Oh -- you mean somebody else could win?

Never considered that.

Keep in mind dpat isn't hosting this contest so there's nothing keeping him from submitting some pages. When he's serious he doesn't take prisoners. Dun... dun... dun.......
                        TRIAL FORUMS

Comment

Keep in mind dpat isn't hosting this contest so there's nothing keeping him from submitting some pages. When he's serious he doesn't take prisoners. Dun... dun... dun.......
                          LOL so far I've written FADE IN:

Fascinating stats, I've entered most contests, and failed to win most contests.

Comment

LOL so far I've written FADE IN:

Fascinating stats, I've entered most contests, and failed to win most contests.
                            We'll, dpaterso, you always remove the very valuable 3 points for voting from your account...

Comment

dpat i can't remember you winning any contests here, but i do remember you came in third or thereabouts one time several years ago out of four or five participants. not too shabby.

i pecked out an ugly short last night, but my god it is dark for a late summer contest. it started off as a light comedy. it is kind of confusing now, actually. i believe it will come in last. almost like it kind of wants to. i have to submit it, i guess, talking so much about it and everything.
                              Last edited by AnconRanger; 08-30-2017, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Hey Ancon, it's a free theme, so it's ok to be dark. Do not restricted yourself.

Comment

Working...
                                X