Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FOX-NYTVF Comedy Script Contest

Is anyone submitting? Has anyone submitted anything in past years?

I've been working on a pilot lately, and assuming I can finish it before the rapidly-approaching deadline, I'm thinking I might apply.
    ~* Kelsey *~

http://kelseytalksaboutmovies.blog.com/

Re: FOX-NYTVF Comedy Script Contest

I'm so happy someone posted about this, because I'm so curious! I sent in a pilot yesterday. I have no idea how many people have submitted, but if you plan to, I'd do so ASAP cause they're cutting it off after 1500 submissions.

I've tried to find information about this contest, but I haven't been able to find much. Have the winners had success in the past? This is the first contest I've ever entered, and the first pilot I've ever written, so I'm an extreme newbie, but I'm having a lot of fun.

Comment

it's a new contest. you'll have to give it time to have results, but they do say a guaranteed development deal for the winner. so you have a 1 out of 1500 chance.

probably the best part about it is that it's in NYC, has a short 2 week submission period, and i think it's FREE!

Comment

I'm in. What the hell.
        Hell of a Deal -- Political Film Blog

Comment

Kelsey -- THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! -- for posting this! I remember seeing this last year - when it had already hit 1500!!! I'm in with my "Entourage" meets "The Discovery Channel." Yeah, it's a one camera vs. mebbe the three-cam they're looking for - but - whut thuh futz!!!

Comment

Kelsey, you just got more competition, buddy! I just submitted. Best of luck to everyone!

Comment

I finished my first script and submitted it this morning. My number was in the 5 digits beginning with 81? Did they reach 1500 submissions already? There was no notice on the website.

Comment

Mine was in the five digits starting with 81 also and I submitted on Monday at 12. So I would think that you're okay.

Comment

Originally posted by Projectophelia View Post
                  Mine was in the five digits starting with 81 also and I submitted on Monday at 12. So I would think that you're okay.
                  Whew!!! Thanks.

Comment

URGENT!

I'm submitting for this TODAY, but I'm curious what you guys think of the "synopsis" section. How long and detailed should that be? Do you give all the major points, including the ending, or leave some things out? I have no idea. Never done one before.

Thanks

Comment

"How long and detailed should that be? Do you give all the major points, including the ending, or leave some things out?"

My take - it's a proposal for a series. You need to imply that life goes on after the "end" of this part one. So give away what you need to accomplish that goal. If the idea fizzles out there, then you're hurting rather than helping.
                      Hell of a Deal -- Political Film Blog

Comment

Awesome. It's good to hear that--it's what I hope they're looking for.

EDIT: Andddd entered. Surprised they hadn't reached 1,500 by now. Maybe they won't! Here's hoping for some good DD representation in the top 25.
                        Last edited by Writerperson12; 04-29-2012, 08:20 PM.

Comment

Just for conversations sake concerning the synopsis/longline, I wrestled over the same dilemma for a pilot I wrote last year. Do I pitch the pilot? Do I pitch the series?

I was lucky enough to have mild success at AFF and was able to attend a roundtable with a very accomplished TV Exec. She said without reservation the goal is to get them to read the script. Don't worry about selling the series. If the pilot is good enough they'll sense the future of the series and they'll be more than happy to give you the opportunity to talk about it.

So following her advice, and remember, different strokes for different folks, I'd write my logline the same way I'd write one for a feature script. Use the precious real estate to pitch the script. The pilot script is your pitch for the series.

Comment

Anyone who entered this, I'm interested in reading your pilot. Want to trade?

PM me your email, and I'll send you mine if you want to send me yours. With a little FeedbackLite™ (not full notes, just a few bullet points of what we thought).

Comment

I'm up for exchanging too, if anybody's interested.

Comment

Working...
                              X