No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: FOX-NYTVF Comedy Script Contest

Originally posted by Celtic1 View Post
    well, i hope the odds are good that the folks who want to have a shot are on this board. but, say they're not, the festival people can't send a list to people saying "hey, you guys are in places 26-34, we'll let you know in July". Having a stand by list would be worse, this way they hold off until it's officially over. never know, someone could have sold something. only one person wins so whether you're #2 or #26....both of you made it to the finals.
    Why not? I'm not trying to be a jerk, I really don't see the point in letting all the rejected entrants dangle on the vine for two more weeks. I don't know how many entries they got, but let's say they got all 1500. There's going to be a wide range of quality from "just missed the cut" to "not even close."

The Warner Brothers fellowship has, in the past, notified people who were "not quite there" separate from the "no thanks" group.

Comment

Well that is a good point. When I do juried calls for my art books, I send out the rejection letters for the "no way" submissions fairly soon. If someone else has excellent work but I don't have enough room in the book, I tell them they are on a waiting list (and if some other accepted artist does not sign the photo release and/or cooperate with the process, then the waiting list artist moves up).

Originally posted by bmcthomas View Post
      Why not? I'm not trying to be a jerk, I really don't see the point in letting all the rejected entrants dangle on the vine for two more weeks. I don't know how many entries they got, but let's say they got all 1500. There's going to be a wide range of quality from "just missed the cut" to "not even close."

The Warner Brothers fellowship has, in the past, notified people who were "not quite there" separate from the "no thanks" group.

Comment

Yeah, I mean, the bottom line is that if you haven't heard yet, you're not in the top 25. So you might have a small chance of getting in still if you're number 26--but obviously you aren't going to win the #1 slot at that point. So we already have our closure. And hopefully you still have a pilot you like or see potential in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by jboffer View Post
          Yeah, I mean, the bottom line is that if you haven't heard yet, you're not in the top 25. So you might have a small chance of getting in still if you're number 26--but obviously you aren't going to win the #1 slot at that point. So we already have our closure. And hopefully you still have a pilot you like or see potential in the future.

I wouldnt say that cause judging is sujective. If one person who is 26 was not liked very much by the first jurors-- they may be loved by the second jurors.

Comment

Oh I suppose that's true. If there's a second round of voting, which I'm guessing there would be. Good point

Comment

Right. I do feel bad for people who aren't in a position to know that the finalists have been notified and are going to spend the the next two weeks fantasizing about being on Fresh Air to talk about their groundbreaking new sitcom (not that I have ever done that, ahem).

Comment

We should all have our next set of queries ready to go for our scripts. Mine are typed (draft email) and I just have to hit send.

Comment

It's a long story, but I just wrote my pilot for this contest and don't plan on doing anything with it in the short term.

I do think I'll see if any other DDers are so kind to read it, and I'll make some small final changes to it just so it's a good script to keep on my website and pass on to friends.

Comment

jboffer, you piqued my interest. I'd be willing to read it if you'd read mine?

Comment

I'll read it.

Comment

It's a long story, but I just wrote my pilot for this contest and don't plan on doing anything with it in the short term.

I do think I'll see if any other DDers are so kind to read it, and I'll make some small final changes to it just so it's a good script to keep on my website and pass on to friends.
                        I wrote it for this contest too, but I think it's an accurate sample of my voice and humor so I certainly will keep it handy. After a I polish a few things and fix the formatting mistakes.

I'll swap scripts with you, if you like.

Comment

Sounds awesome I'll PM you three.

Comment

Great. Bmcthomas, I'd swap with you as well, if you'd like.

Comment

Not sure where the information above is coming from, but
                              I received this today:

"We just wanted to take a moment and let you know that we are still making our finalist choices and hope to announce them by July 16th. Thank you for your patience and for the tremendous work we know went into your script."
                              Hell of a Deal -- Political Film Blog

Comment

Apparently no one reads posts anymore. That has been announced like four times starting with me.

Comment

Working...
                                X