Clear All

• Dune: looking forwards to this

As a minority who liked David Lynch's Dune I am looking forwards to this

https://nofilmschool.com/dune-traile...X1iQ0QO8DN5enE
    Last edited by Done Deal Pro; 10-07-2020, 06:49 AM. Reason: Added tags
    I heard the starting gun

sigpic

Re: Dune: looking forwards to this

This is the first movie in years I'm truly excited to see. I will catch it in theaters if they open back up by then (over here, anyway).

I'm gonna reread the novel again too. Also just found out Bill Skarsgard (It) is going to play Feyd Rautha. Solid choice. Sting is the man but he wasn't great in that.

Edit- now I'm not sure. It might be the guy from Ready Player One. Who the fudge is Feyd? Either of them would do a good job, I think, but Bill is a hell of a lot taller. A good trait for a villain. Not sure which of them is the better actor though.
    Last edited by DDoc; 09-10-2020, 05:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DDoc View Post
      This is the first movie in years I'm truly excited to see. I will catch it in theaters if they open back up by then (over here, anyway).
      I'm gonna reread the novel again too. Also just found out Bill Skarsgard (It) is going to play Feyd Rautha. Solid choice. Sting is the man but he wasn't great in that.Edit- now I'm not sure. It might be the guy from Ready Player One. Who the fudge is Feyd? Either of them would do a good job, I think, but Bill is a hell of a lot taller. A good trait for a villain. Not sure which of them is the better actor though.

I too am looking forward to this one. I love the David Lynch version.

I looked on imdb to see if they list who is playing Feyd but I guess they are keeping that a secret. I did see that the elder Skarsgard (Stellen) is playing Baron Harkonnen. Wonder if he will fly in this version?

Comment

Originally posted by Darthclaw13 View Post
        I too am looking forward to this one. I love the David Lynch version.

I looked on imdb to see if they list who is playing Feyd but I guess they are keeping that a secret. I did see that the elder Skarsgard (Stellen) is playing Baron Harkonnen. Wonder if he will fly in this version?
        I hope so. So many people knocked off the Baron's physical design (Wall-E, old video games like Jak and Daxter 2). It's simple but very cool. I wonder if they'll still make him a lecherous perv? He is a great villain.

Also glad they're making it two movies. One of the few times it feels warranted and not a cash grab attempt.

Comment

I hope with two movies they 'fill' a few of the soft parts of the story. Even reading the book as a kid i thought the last act was weak and rushed. It's like Herbert spent so much time detailing a truly original universe - and it's over
          I heard the starting gun

sigpic

Comment

It's going to suck, like Blade Runner 2049 sucked, because Denis Villeneuve sucks.

Less is not always more. Dismal is not always cool.

Some may argue that it's all a matter taste, but the soundtrack includes a cover version of Pink Floyd's 'Eclipse' from 'The Dark Side Of The Moon', which is, objectively, an idiotic creative decision, and laughably so.
            Know this: I'm a lazy amateur, so trust not a word what I write.
            "The ugly can be beautiful. The pretty, never." ~ Oscar Wilde

Comment

Originally posted by Crayon View Post
              It's going to suck, like Blade Runner 2049 sucked, because Denis Villeneuve sucks.

Less is not always more. Dismal is not always cool.

Some may argue that it's all a matter taste, but the soundtrack includes a cover version of Pink Floyd's 'Eclipse' from 'The Dark Side Of The Moon', which is, objectively, an idiotic creative decision, and laughably so.
              1st point- disagree. It might suck but Villenueve is pretty solid imo. I hope it's good.

2nd point- agree. I imagine Peter Jackson around the LOTR period could've created a good atmosphere for Dune, or a resurrected David Lean. That said, I think Villenueve can handle epic sci-fi. I do hope that he doesn't go as grimdark depressing in this as he did in BR2049 though.

3rd- Is that from the trailer or the film? Didn't know about that but Hans Zimmer is pretty good so I imagine his contributions will be fine.

Comment

Now put back to October 2021?
                I heard the starting gun

sigpic

Comment

• billmarq
                  billmarq commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Bummer. This is one flick I really want to watch.
              Working...
              X