No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Devil

Originally posted by Greenwood View Post
    SMH at you counting the words. Listen, dude, if you're gonna soak your tampon every time I post, do yourself and me a favor and put me on ignore -- you know what, I'll do it for you.

hahaha, you've posted like 100 times since I've responded to anything. You've got a real gift for wild exaggeration and histrionics.

And I don't put people on 'ignore', but then again I'm not hiding from anything I've said.

Comment

Let's keep this thread on topic. Any personal issues... take it off board. Or just use the ignore button. It works wonders.
      Never let the competition know what you're thinking... and never tell the unseen masses your story idea.

-- Rule 85, Ferengi Rules of Acquisition (updated by cmmora)

Comment

I take back what I said.

From now on, I've got all the mods on ignore.

Comment

Originally posted by cmmora View Post
          Let's keep this thread on topic. Any personal issues... take it off board. Or just use the ignore button. It works wonders.
          Agreed.
          "U don' know me, muddafugga..."
          - Al Pacino, Carlito's Way

Comment

i loved the concept on this one and thought it coulda been a lot better... definately missing sumptin' and wasn't scary in the least.

Comment

What was missing was an ending that made sense, or was at least satisfying. The trite backstory with the detective was by far the least interesting thread in the film. So I thought it was a mistake to choose that as the big payoff, instead of paying off the main conceit of the film. It's a good lesson in fully exploring/exploiting your concept, because this one was at about 50%.

It's like they were a little too obsessed about paying everything off with a neat little bow. I get it, I love setups and payoffs, but it just felt a little too mechanical here. When you're dealing with supernatural, devil, etc, I think a little mystery, some things unexplained, can be more impactful.
              Ever thus to deadbeats.

Comment

Originally posted by NoTalentAssClown View Post
                What was missing was an ending that made sense, or was at least satisfying. The trite backstory with the detective was by far the least interesting thread in the film. So I thought it was a mistake to choose that as the big payoff, instead of paying off the main conceit of the film. It's a good lesson in fully exploring/exploiting your concept, because this one was at about 50%.

It's like they were a little too obsessed about paying everything off with a neat little bow. I get it, I love setups and payoffs, but it just felt a little too mechanical here. When you're dealing with supernatural, devil, etc, I think a little mystery, some things unexplained, can be more impactful.
                Totally agree. In fact I have a script that I finished literally a week before Devil was released that dealt with the devil and supernatural material -- my rep just read it and my script left a bit of mystery. My defense for it was simple -- Who really knows the truth about God and the Devil??

No matter how much or little you believe, there's a great deal of mystery about religion that no one knows the truth about until their heart stops beating.

The star in this one though is the director. He squeezed every bit of juice out of the small space and every plot point. Just a shame that he didn't have more to work with story wise. I hope the same director directs the next installment and more.

Comment

there's going to be a next installment?

Comment

Originally posted by NikeeGoddess View Post
                    there's going to be a next installment?
                    Of the so-called "Night Chronicles" -- yes. (hence the big "1" that popped up on the screen in the opening credits after the "Night Chronicles" logo.)

It's been described as a supernatural twist on "Twelve Angry Men". I love the concept.

Devil wasn't exactly a blockbuster, but keep in mind it only cost 10 Mil to make and made that back in the first week. Don't see anything holding back the next one as long as it has a similar budget.

Comment

Working...
                    X