Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Hackneyed Movie Boycott of 2011

Here's a helpful checklist of Hollywood movies to skip in 2011/2012.* Anything involving ...
    1. Vampires and/or werewolves (yes, zombies always get a pass)
    2. Reinterpretations of fairy tales
    3. Historical or literary figures as action heroes
    4. Characters trapped in fantastical dream worlds
    * I love movies. But give me a break with this sh!t.
    "People spend so much time focusing on rescuing the princess, they forget how much fun it is to fight the dragon."
    - Simon Pegg & Nick Frost, DAVE

Re: The Hackneyed Movie Boycott of 2011

Originally posted by loopdesign View Post
    ...Historical or literary figures as action heroes...
    DAMMIT!!

<hangs head in shame>

HH

Comment

Originally posted by haroldhecuba View Post
      DAMMIT!!

<hangs head in shame>

HH
      LOL. Rest assured, I'm the minority.
      "People spend so much time focusing on rescuing the princess, they forget how much fun it is to fight the dragon."
      - Simon Pegg & Nick Frost, DAVE

Comment

What about super heroes/comic book heroes? They get a big **** off and die from me this year especially the rebooted/re-envisioned ones.
        I heard the starting gun

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by loopdesign View Post
          Here's a helpful checklist of Hollywood movies to skip in 2011/2012.* Anything involving ...
          1. Vampires and/or werewolves (yes, zombies always get a pass)
          So no to Priest? that one actually looks pretty fun

Comment

Skipping movies is not a problem for me, it's finding deserving ones that's the rub. I use the "How Much Am I Willing to Pay" rating system for all films and a lot of them have ended up on the "Maybe on Netflix" level. The next one that's on my "In Theater" radar is "Your Highness." I still chuckle over the line, "With magic...motherfvcker."
            "All of us trying to be the camera behind the camera behind the camera. The last story in line. The Truth" Chuck Palahniuk - Haunted

Comment

Add films whose advertising displays no clear plot to that list and you will know why I haven't been to a theater yet this year.

That, and I'm a cheap bastard. Going to the movie theater is far too damn expensive anymore.

Comment

Giant sharks?

Dinosaurs, robots, wizards?

I actually don't watch much of what Hollywood churns out of its furnaces.
                Hell of a Deal -- Political Film Blog

Comment

I love movies. I even love Hollywood movies. Just not the majority that are being produced. I think the last time I had a 3 week run (going to the theater each weekend) was 2004, but that was also the year the zombie went mainstream. This year is better than last though, I've already been twice...just not in a row.
                  "All of us trying to be the camera behind the camera behind the camera. The last story in line. The Truth" Chuck Palahniuk - Haunted

Comment

I'm interested in seeing plenty of films that come out each year, but I've reached the point where I would rather get it for free out of Redbox or Netflix for a night and kick back with a beer than have to drive to the theater at a specific time and pay an absurd amount of money to see people play with their phones for two hours. F that. And most films aren't worth anything other than a free rental, anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Biohazard View Post
                      I'm interested in seeing plenty of films that come out each year, but I've reached the point where I would rather get it for free out of Redbox or Netflix for a night and kick back with a beer than have to drive to the theater at a specific time and pay an absurd amount of money to see people play with their phones for two hours. F that. And most films aren't worth anything other than a free rental, anyway.
                      I think that's why I'm interested in seeing what AMC and Regal and bloodydisgusting.com are cooking up.

Comment

Working...
                      X