No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Black List/Fox Broadcasting Partnership

Hi all,

I'm a long time lurker stepping out of the shadows to ask if any of you know the particulars of the the new partnership between Fox and The Black List.

I read the submission agreement/requirements and it seems that the script only has to be hosted. We don't have to buy any additional evaluations for consideration, right?

I'm asking for confirmation because I've gotten burned on the whole evaluation thing and I'm not wild about throwing more money in that direction.

Re: The Black List/Fox Broadcasting Partnership

Originally posted by loribcrawford View Post
    Hi all,

I'm a long time lurker stepping out of the shadows to ask if any of you know the particulars of the the new partnership between Fox and The Black List.

I read the submission agreement/requirements and it seems that the script only has to be hosted. We don't have to buy any additional evaluations for consideration, right?

I'm asking for confirmation because I've gotten burned on the whole evaluation thing and I'm not wild about throwing more money in that direction.
    The short list will be determined by looking at the data we accumulate about your script. Reader evaluations are among that data.

That said, it is not required to purchase an evaluation in order to make a short list (we've had multiple writers be selected for short lists without having paid for a reader evaluation). Know though that if you choose not to purchase an evaluation, in order for us to select your script to the short list, we'd need some other indication that the script is strong (e.g. industry professional members having rated the script highly.)

Comment

And the great opportunities keep on coming! Thanks, Franklin! This is really wonderful.

One question though--given the short time frame, would people get their evaluations back in time for those evals to be considered? My last few evaluations were averaging just under the three week mark (I'm assuming readers are backed up because so many writers are opting in to these great opportunities!).

Comment

Thanks, Franklin! Keep 'em coming!

I don't see anything in the materials about diversity this time -- just "fresh voices that break out of the pack."

So does that mean this is open to everyone?
        "People who work in Hollywood are the ones who didn't quit." -- Lawrence Kasdan

Please visit my website and blog: www.lauridonahue.com.

Comment

Originally posted by celticbeauty View Post
          One question though--given the short time frame, would people get their evaluations back in time for those evals to be considered?
          This would be my question too. Would there be a way for those who are interested to get a two weeks or less turnaround on their read(s)?

Comment

Originally posted by DayJobWriter View Post
            This would be my question too. Would there be a way for those who are interested to get a two weeks or less turnaround on their read(s)?
            There is not a way to expedite your reads. If you have not had your script evaluated and would like to in order to be better considered for the Fox opportunity, I strongly encourage you to purchase your evaluations ASAP (this also underscores the value in having your script on the site generally, as opportunities like this with short turnaround times may come up from time to time.)

And yes, open to ANY writer who has not made more than $500K in aggregate for their screen or teleplay work over the last ten years.

Comment

Working...
            X