Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spec Scout

Has anyone used Spec Scout, and had any kind of success through it i.e representation ect?
    Last edited by Strangerthanfiction; 03-09-2014, 09:02 AM.

Re: Spec Scout

Use the search function. There's already a thread on this subject.
    http://www.pjmcilvaine.com/

Comment

Yes I have read through the various threads, however looking for more recent news, thanks.
      Last edited by Strangerthanfiction; 03-09-2014, 09:33 AM.

Comment

I agree with OP that the old Spec Scout thread's pretty dead at this point and I've actually been wondering about the service myself.

Has the BL passed Spec Scout and the Tracking-Board's notes service as the place to go with your script?

Comment

Originally posted by CColoredClown View Post
          I agree with OP that the old Spec Scout thread's pretty dead at this point and I've actually been wondering about the service myself.

Has the BL passed Spec Scout and the Tracking-Board's notes service as the place to go with your script?
          They serve different functions.

As far as notes go - I prefer Tracking Board over both of those services. TB coverage is much more extensive and really gets into the meat of your script compared to the Black List. Also, I don't think the Black List markets itself as a coverage service. Do you get good notes? Sure, you can. But, that's not really the point of the Black List.

Black List has helped shine the light on a number of screenplays (and, as a result, the writers). Likewise, TB has helped a number of writers I know kickstart their writing journey (signing with reps, options, sales). I am not at all sure if there's been any script/writer success because of Spec Scout. Not saying there aren't any - just haven't heard. Maybe someone can illuminate us on this point?

Comment

Originally posted by RobWriter View Post
            They serve different functions.

As far as notes go - I prefer Tracking Board over both of those services. TB coverage is much more extensive and really gets into the meat of your script compared to the Black List. Also, I don't think the Black List markets itself as a coverage service. Do you get good notes? Sure, you can. But, that's not really the point of the Black List.

Black List has helped shine the light on a number of screenplays (and, as a result, the writers). Likewise, TB has helped a number of writers I know kickstart their writing journey (signing with reps, options, sales). I am not at all sure if there's been any script/writer success because of Spec Scout. Not saying there aren't any - just haven't heard. Maybe someone can illuminate us on this point?
            I didn't mean using the services for notes, but to get your script exposed. Interesting that there's not one SS success story, though.

Comment

Ah - got it, didn't quite get what you were asking, sorry.

Until another service comes along that allows you to host your script and lets industry professionals peruse said scripts, I think of the three, Black List definitely has the better platform for getting eyes on your script. Tracking Board and Spec Scout just aren't built the same way.

I think both the Black List site and the Tracking Board are great avenues for getting a writer discovered.

Comment

Podcast released today may answer some questions.

http://www.scriptsandscribes.com/201...ason-scoggins/

Comment

Working...
                X