Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The most disturbing film

The first JEEPERS CREEPERS had came out on VHS. My friend had rented it and invited me to watch it with his brother. I ****ing loved the movie. But that ****ing song, man. Oh my god it's so unsettling. Then that scene where he falls down into the pit with all the bodies laced together. Their faces... That film is so underrated. SO UNDERRATED! It's such a great flick...

But that song!

Comment

I second (third?) Derek's call for Happiness. Which disturbed me on so many levels, but was also incredibly good. Maybe that's why?

Two more: Once Were Warriors - Didn't speak for some hours after seeing it at the cinema. I couldn't speak. I still feel breathless when I think about it.

I'll make a prediction - Snowtown is getting lots of Cannes talk right now. "Disturbing" and "unrelenting" seem to be the most consistent cries. Worse, too, because it's a true story.

Once it's released in the US, I'm going to guess it shows up on one of these lists.
      sigpic

Website
      Tweets
      Book

Comment

Originally posted by nic.h View Post
        I second (third?) Derek's call for Happiness. Which disturbed me on so many levels, but was also incredibly good. Maybe that's why?

Two more: Once Were Warriors - Didn't speak for some hours after seeing it at the cinema. I couldn't speak. I still feel breathless when I think about it.

I'll make a prediction - Snowtown is getting lots of Cannes talk right now. "Disturbing" and "unrelenting" seem to be the most consistent cries. Worse, too, because it's a true story.

Once it's released in the US, I'm going to guess it shows up on one of these lists.
        I found the trailer for Snowtown disturbing.
        TimeStorm & Blurred Vision Book info & blog: https://stormingtime.com//

Comment

Originally posted by hscope View Post
          I found the trailer for Snowtown disturbing.
          I found the trailer to disturbingly AWESOME.

Comment

One of the few that comes to mind is HOUSE OF A 1,000 CORPSES. Mostly because it was so over-the-top that I was waiting for the girl to get away, for the family to get its comeuppance, but when that didn't happen I was pissed and it took me a while before I was willing to give Rob Zombie another chance. And other than THE DEVIL'S REJECTS I regret having given him a second chance.
            "All of us trying to be the camera behind the camera behind the camera. The last story in line. The Truth" Chuck Palahniuk - Haunted

Comment

... Has anyone here seen "A Serbian Film?"

Comment

Any film where animals are genuinely maimed/killed during production.

Comment

Originally posted by Arroway View Post
                  Any film where animals are genuinely maimed/killed during production.
                  That's like every western, and every movie made up to about 1980.

And a movie where you'd think there wouldn't be any issues with animals: The Great Train Robbery. The dog killing the rats was...a dog killing rats. according to Crichton, apparently animals were harmed in the making of that film. But they were dirty rats so no big deal, right? RIGHT??

HH

Comment

Re: the most disturbing film

Originally posted by NikeeGoddess View Post
                    grimm love was pretty disturbing (cannibalism starting with the penis while the man was alive)
                    Hey my friend wrote that!

I'll tell him. He'll be happy to know.

Comment

For sure

IRREVERSIBLE
                      JESUS CAMP
                      HUMAN CENTIPEDE

but also

RAMPAGE
                      AMERICAN HISTORY X
                      VIDEODRONE
                      EXISTENZ
                      BUG

and perhaps my favorite of all, 1978's

THE MANITOU
                      A psychic's girlfriend finds out that a lump on her back is a growing reincarnation of a 400 year-old demonic Native American spirit.

SMASH TO:

BLACK

Comment

I'm still too scared to watch Death Bed: The Bed that Eats People....

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0385639/

Even though Patton Oswalt said it was good...
                        "We all pay for life with death, so everything in between should be free.-- The Late Great Bill Hicks...

Comment

The Crying Game. I really believed the dude was a lady.
                          www.cheapskate-a-holic.com Release your inner cheapskate!!

Comment

As Martell pointed out, The Rapture with Mimi Rogers ... Holy effin' religious figure, Batman! The poor woman starts out as a swinger, then becomes a religious nut, and it goes downhill from there. I won't say any more, in case someone wants to watch it.

But the most disturbing scene that I remember was in a film about some herpetologist who loves cobras. He keeps trying to turn a person into a cobra and has a botched experiment along the way. He turns a young man who is a friend of his daughter into some caterpillar-looking lump of a snake. The daughter comes along and sees him in a carnival. You can see in his face that he recognizes her and that he knows what has happened to him. It was gruesome!

"The fact that you have seen professionals write poorly is no reason for you to imitate them." - ComicBent.

Comment

Crumb.

Comment

Originally posted by ComicBent View Post

But the most disturbing scene that I remember was in a film about some herpetologist who loves cobras. He keeps trying to turn a person into a cobra and has a botched experiment along the way. He turns a young man who is a friend of his daughter into some caterpillar-looking lump of a snake. The daughter comes along and sees him in a carnival. You can see in his face that he recognizes her and that he knows what has happened to him. It was gruesome!
                                Trippy!

I wanna see this.

Comment

Working...
                                X