Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CA Lawyers for the Arts or VLA?

Has anyone ever used California Lawyers for the Arts OR Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts to find an attorney who will submit for you? Seems like it might be a useful (free) loophole when trying to submit...

Re: CA Lawyers for the Arts or VLA?

LOL. That sounds funny. Sort of a 'Legal Aid' for screnwriters. Actually when a prod. co. asks for a lawyer to submit script I do wonder whether they pay much attention to the social status of that lawyer.
    Blog: http://writinglounge.blogspot.com
    Email: kidcharlemagne108[at]yahoo[dot]co[uk]

"What is your greatest ambition? To become immortal and then die." - Breathless

Comment

There's only one way to find out. Just go head and DO IT. People here can give you their opinions, but hell, just because something worked or didn't work for the rest of us here doesn't mean it will or won't work for you.

So basically, you've nothing to lose by trying it out. Just do it babe!
      Check out my videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/NyFilmmaker32/videos

Comment

I've contacted the VLA several times over the years (not in CA though). They were very helpful and professional on an independent film project. It's a great resource.

Comment

CLFA is a great resource. Ok, so it's a great resource if you find someone you connect with who will take your money if you're smart enough.

There are some pretty top-notch biz lawyers in the Directory.
          And they're not just pretty. Most are short jewish men. Ok there, I said it. Sue me!

Make sure you have something to bring to the table.
          Last edited by theblondewritr; 04-03-2008, 04:42 PM.
          si

Comment

Working...
          X