Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alice Sweet Alice

After reading online how great this movie is I decided to watch it. Took me all week to give it my full attention. Everytime I'd turn it on I'd start doing something else cause it was kinda boring. So yesterday I forced myself to watch the whole thing. Afterwards, I felt like I wasted my time. Simply put, I didn't get it. I was completely lost and confused at the end. I don't understand why everyone gave it so much praise.

Is it just me? Is the movie really great and I'm just not understanding? Lol. To those who've seen it, what did you think?

Re: Alice Sweet Alice

I wasn't impressed. Okay as those proto-slashers go, but nothing I've been tempted to revisit. On the other hand, I don't recall the movie getting any real respect...pretty much the only reason it stands out is that it was a pre-Halloween slasher with Brooke Shields making her debut in a small role.

And it was labeled a video nasty in Britain, which gave it a cred it probably doesn't deserve.
    "Forget it, Jake. It's Hollywood."

My YouTube channel.

Comment

I liked it a lot.

Honestly, I think it's more of a character piece than an actual slasher-type movie, and I think the reveal of the killer was cool. On the other hand, I kinda see how people might not like it 'cause the reveal of the killer is also a kinda, "WTF?" moment.

It's been awhile since I've seen it, but I think the DVD I have has a director's commentary (and if I remember correctly, I don't think the commentary was all that informative or great).

HH

Comment

Harold you explained the reveal perfectly. It was a "WTF" type of moment. I was thinking, "Why her?" It just didn't make sense. I don't think it was ever explained why she was killing. That's why I was so lost when it was over.

Comment

Originally posted by curious1980 View Post
          Harold you explained the reveal perfectly. It was a "WTF" type of moment. I was thinking, "Why her?" It just didn't make sense. I don't think it was ever explained why she was killing. That's why I was so lost when it was over.
          The thing is that I'm kinda a sucker for the WTF? moments. Plus the opening credits and the whispered prayer always creeped me out.

SPOILERS.......................................... .........................

As far as the killer goes...IIRC, didn't it have something to do with the old lady not wanting the Church to be defiled by all the pretty little things and other sinners? Honestly, I'm not sure I'm remembering that right, but, like I said, this was a mean little character piece of work and not a likable character in sight. And I kinda liked the low-budget graininess of it.

HH

Comment

"As far as the killer goes...IIRC, didn't it have something to do with the old lady not wanting the Church to be defiled by all the pretty little things and other sinners?"

I'm not sure. I was back and forth from the computer, to the ipod, to the kitchen, on the phone (lol yeah I was pretty much doing everything but watching the movie) that I don't remember. But I think it was something like that. I know she was telling Alice's mother (or somebody) about how she had to take care of some old man. I mighta heard that wrong but I think that's what she was talking about.

I do agree with you about the opening. That was kinda creepy. That's probably the best part of the whole movie lol.

Comment

Working...
            X