No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buchwald

Hi all,
    Common lurker rare poster. I checked and nobody seem to post about them in awhile.

Wondering folks thoughts on them. Have worked with much bigger agencies. I'm non WGA still but have no agent and have done some paid independent feature projects as well as a number of unscripted / docuseries projects.

Anyway wondering thoughts on them. My manager is lukewarm on them, but have an in there and was curious everyone's thoughts, as it would be nice to have an agent actively looking for work. My manager is spread pretty thin since the whole ATA issue, and since Buchwald signed I'm wondering if this could be a good moment for them?

Appreciate any experiences!

Re: Buchwald

The only reason I know their name is because I'm a huge Howard Stern fan and he reps him and a few others from his radio show. I don't know what other clients they rep at all. I don't think they are very big at all -- so if your manager has more juice than them, it may not be worth it to just give away 10%.

Comment

Same...

Never heard of them. Why give 10% for maybe nothing? I'm agent-less too, but if I'm going with one, it's got to be someone with hella intel. That's the only thing agents are good for now.

I'll say this. For as much sh!t as I talk on _AA, they do have hella ridiculous intel. THE BEST IN TOWN. They know EVERYTHING that's going on. 3 one hour staff meetings a day to go over it all. Agency-wide intel.

Managers don't have time.

BTW -- that's the other way an agent can fight for you, and I've heard it over the phone.

AGENT: Did you know that ____ studio wasn't happy with ____ writer's latest draft? Crapped out! Script sucks! Promise! Between you and me.

STUDIO: Nope, didn't know that.

AGENT: So when would you like to meet my client? They're available, and hot!

STUDIO: Tomorrow.

Agents definitely seek out bad intel on other agency's clients to use as leverage.
      Bruh, fukkin *smooches*! Feel me? Ha!

Comment

they are primarily a talent agency. not sure when they got into the lit business. they aren't listed on DDP but they are in IMDB and have a website.

https://www.buchwald.com/

they are not small. they rep over 1900 clients.

looks like they have four on Lit.
        "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy b/c you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." -- Edward Snowden

Comment

I was repped for one year by an agent who is now at Buchwald, he was formerly at Kaplan-Stahler. I had a TV deal on the table and he repped me for that. It didn't go through, he let me keep pitching and then finally dropped me after a year because I wasn't going to sell anytime soon -- no hard feelings to him, that's what agents do. He was a very straightforward guy.

Buchwald seems pretty legit to me. They have a solid client list on IMDb pro. The guy that repped me has both talent and lit clients. When I worked with him he had a mix of actors, writers and TV directors. It does appear they are more talent than lit, but I would not discount them.

Comment

Originally posted by finalact4 View Post
            they aren't listed on DDP but they are in IMDB and have a website.
            Just for the record, they are listed on our main site and have been since almost the beginning of Done Deal. They changed their name a few years back from Don Buchwald & Associates to just Buchwald.

For DB&A, we have a total of 26 film & TV deals -- the vast majority are film.

We have less than a handful listed for Buchwald under TV and no deals at all currently for Buchwald (NY).

As people have noted they are not heavy on literary by any means. But in the overall history of the "Buchwald" agencies they have made few deals.
            Will
            Done Deal Pro
            www.donedealpro.com

Comment

Originally posted by Done Deal Pro View Post
              Just for the record, they are listed on our main site and have been since almost the beginning of Done Deal. They changed their name a few years back from Don Buchwald & Associates to just Buchwald.

We have less than a handful listed for Buchwald under TV and no deals at all currently for Buchwald (NY).

As people have noted they are not heavy on literary by any means. But in the overall history of the "Buchwald" agencies they have made few deals.
              Ahhh... thanks for the intel! Noted.
              Bruh, fukkin *smooches*! Feel me? Ha!

Comment

Originally posted by Done Deal Pro View Post

oh crap, my bad... was searching by manager... my default search. apologies.
                "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy b/c you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." -- Edward Snowden

Comment

Working...
                X